BOV or exhaust - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

thedoors/wrx is an unknown
BOV or exhaust

question i have a 2011 subaru wrx sti and i just bought myself a cosworth intake ( sounds just beautiful!!) and i need some input should i buy a BOV or a new exhaust.
i need the pros and the cons of both though. Just so i can make a better decision on what to pick.

these are the two i am looking at....
Turbosmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve Subaru WRX 2002-2007 / STI 2004-2011 / Forester XT 2004-2008 at RallySportDirect.com

this BOV actually tends to look like it will do not so much harm to the car, but you guys can tell me what you think.

OR

Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust Stainless Tips Subaru Sedan WRX / STI 2011 at RallySportDirect.com

thank you again guys for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

wow, Just wow. i forgot i was on bolt on tech. i meant to put this on the newbie forum. MY BAD everybody, newbie here.
#3 Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Exhaust. No question. Also do you have any kind of engine management?? If not you really need it soon. Especially with the intake. These cars don't like to be modded without tuning. Take a look at the faqs all over this site. Lots to learn

ps. Btw. The catback won't get you any power but while you are at it might as well do the downpipe and get a tune. I would avoid the bov. Your car won't like it. I had one for a while and found that i was running bad at idle and constantly getting backfires. Put a stock Bpv on and it runs so much better. No more backfires. Plus the stock Bpv is good for around 20 psi of boost. So no need for aftermarket ones right away. At least on the older cars...

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.

Last edited by bad grocerygetter; 05-09-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: ps
#4 Old 05-09-2011, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

oh yes i do know of that i picked cobb. that is a solid go for my purchase. just cant decide its so tuff. but thank you for your input. every input helps!
#5 Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Just so you know the Cobb maps don't account for intakes. If you plan on just using the base maps then i would seriously consider going back to the stock airbox. Or selling that one and getting a Cobb sf intake. It won't mess with the maf readings like others will. In the faqs there is a nice sticky about cai systems and bovs. Take a look at it it may help.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.