Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blouch Dominator 5.0XT-R In 2015 WRX?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  titter 
#1 ·
Hello!

Sorry for the newb post but I was curious if I can put a Blouch Dominator 5.0XT-R in my 2015 WRX stock engine. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't I have to get custom fabrication to put it in my car because of the large turbo? Or would I be better off getting a different turbo for the best performance? My car is going to be used for just daily use and drag racing.

Thank you!:)

#2 ·
Look into the issues that these newer engines have with bumping up stuff to do with boost. I read around about the design of the rods (being at an angle offset from straight) causes issues with bending and is the weak point in your engine. I don't know enough about your year just wanted to chime in so you can make sure to plan such an upgrade in a safe way.

Good luck! And post pix!

#4 ·
I watched the video and it said that too much boost can bend the rods because of the offset angle so I probably won't go with the Blouch 5.0XT-R to play it safe. Is there any turbos that you recommend for my wrx for the best performance? The STEAM STX 71 would get me to 400-450 with regular fuel pump but if I got an e85 tune, it says that it can go well over 450, which is probably what I would get done if I got it. Is there any better turbos or should I go with the STEAM STX 71?

Thanks!

#7 ·
2015+ WRX is a completely different motor & turbo setup. the Dom 5 wont fit. its for EJ engines. the new FA motors have a low mount, twin scroll turbo. i dont think blouch makes turbos for the FA motors. not yet at least.

Steam Speed is a good company and makes good kits for the 2015+ WRX. you wont be dissapointed with the results.

currently the new FA motors' limitation are the injectors. DIT is different tech and aftermarket companies havent caught up yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.