Beginning my 09 wrx - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Snow has no effect on FMIC unless you run into deep snow and jam the front of the car with snow..... Even then it'll be a hell of a cooler until it melts off.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt09wrx View Post
At this point I will probably be gettin the fuel pump. I will need it eventually anyway. @ Synolimit: First is your car a DD? If so does the FMIC become a bad thing with all the snow in Akron? I know in the long run the FMIC is more efficient and has more pros than the TMIC but I like to be sure of what I do. Most of thses guys live in places that rarely see snow if at all. Just wonderin how you dealt with it
yes it is and FMIC has been on for just 6 months. but snow doesnt go that high because the car is stock height. even if snow did what would be the harm?? the intercooler would just be that much cooler!! haha that a good thing!! it would just melt though because the hot turbo air would definitely be higher than 32 degrees.

On a big side note! i dont run hard at all in the winter! my tune is for summer gas and winter gas is horrible. you'll be putting your motor in danger running a summer tune with winter gas. i just take it real easy.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #48 of 49 Old 09-10-2010, 11:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by red104dr View Post
I like where this is going. So what is stock fuel pressure and what is the max pressure that the injectors can handle? If the fuel pressure regulator has to be added for future mods, why not add it to the stock fuel system and run the injectors at their max pressure capacity?
Simple answer. Running it at max pressure....ie maxing out the injector duty cycle over 90% for a extended portion of time will likely cause the injector to die quicker and it could cause lean conditions if not enough fuel comes out because there is no room for adjustment/compensation.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #49 of 49 Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

mjt09wrx is an unknown
Ok the greddy exhaust is 70mm or 2.75 inch and was wondering how much of a hindrance that is or if that the .25 inches is negligible. From what I know it's ok but I was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks a lot!