Subaru WRX Forum banner

Aps bov

8K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  jmiah007 
#1 ·
Ok so I've looked around and I cannot seem to find a good solution to this. I just got a 08 WRX. Anyways I got an APS BOV and it turns out it has the more triangular flange off the older WRX's and from some research I've done the 08+ intercooler. I'm looking into having a new flange machined, but I was trying to figure out how difficult it would be if I found a good price on a stock STI TMIC and replaced mine with that. Any help would be appreciated.

#6 ·
I'm just getting ahead of the curve as I'm looking at a full turbo back exhaust intake, and vf52, with boost up to about 20+ PSI so this is a good hybrid for all options. Its not a 50/50 but a true hybrid that still recirculates for keeping the turbo spooling while releasing exess with a nice sound.

#9 · (Edited)
Almost every WRX turbo falls on it's face around that rpm. Don't think it was the TDO4 I wanna say it was a vf48 or something. I don't understand the whole "sound" thing. I'm running a stock BPV with a 20g and a build motor, but to each his own I suppose.

#15 ·
If you want to run an STI tmic, you need the TMIC, STI layout turbo, sti intake manifold, sti throttle body.

All in you're north of $1,000. Get a new valve.

FYI, the bpv on your car now is the exact same one the 09's come with and there are literally thousands of 09+ guys running that boost level on their OEM valves. I ran mine at 21 with no issues.

#16 ·
Thanks Rcrs, That's what I was looking for, I may have a line on a cheap machine shop here to machine a flange and the recirc kit. But I may also just look at other options, Although I really like the hybrid setup of the APS valve, to keep the recirc but also leak the excess....we'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.