Subaru WRX Forum banner

AMR CXR500..any thoughts?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  synolimit 
#1 ·
So I found a kid that is locally selling this turbo NIB for $1000 cause he just needs it gone and hurting for cash...Im planning my 08 wrx build...so far just a TBE and a Tune...with a ACT HDSS clutch..next week im installing ISC coilovers with camber kit and whiteline bushings etc....In the future im planning on...Intake, injectors, fuel pump, FMIC, Up-pipe and EBCS...I'm probably going to pick up the turbo just to have cause the price is right and set things up from there on...any thoughts?

#2 ·
I've done some research on that turbo and everyone that had one seems to be pretty happy with it. If you want big power it will put down about 340-350awhp @ 20-22 psi, You're going to need all the supporting mods though of course.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going with a cxr500 or an VF52. The VF is much cheaper when you can find a new one and is still good to 300+ whp, but the cxr is a killer all around turbo.

I'd say if you want to get around 350 whp then get it, if you're happy at the 300 whp mark then get a used vf52.

#3 ·
Thanks for the incite!...I ended up grabbing the turbo and now im planning all my supporting mods. Im thinking of a Short air ram-due to living near the beach and don't want to risk anything in flood conditions...Tmic...its a daily driver so i dont want to deal with bend fins with a fmic...750 injectors...255 fuel pump.....turbo inlet(probably solid?) and grimmspeed EBCS...anything else?? any suggestions?? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.