AEM Drop in Panel Filter - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-18-2013, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not a bad idea Blaze2099 It definitely could give me a readout but I've never been a huge fan of Apexi products, Something about the design/styling of their electronics reminds me of 90's home theater equipment. If all else fails I might be in the market for one and a wide-band sensor to give me more accurate readings.

** I really appreciate all the information everyone, Its excellent having so much knowledge all in one place.**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
The ap itself can not read afr's. You have to get a wideband o2 and gauge like the aem uego . A cable goes from the gauge to your laptop and then you can log afr's with cobbs access tuner race software.
I saw the picture in that link also but assure you it don't read afr's for Subaru. I have the v3 and a aem uego and still have to use my laptop to log afr's .

It would be sweet if it did though!

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#18 Old 12-18-2013, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I just got a response from Cobb and they are reporting the V3 is able to read AFR based on the ECU for 2013 models. It may not be as accurate as reading the AFR directly off the sensor but it definitely has a real time Air Fuel output. I was planning on replacing the sensor anyway just for the sake of accuracy.

Because the Cobb AP is already on my list of parts to buy I might buy it first with a supported intake and worst case scenario at least the intake and tune will match. Ater reading through more forum content I think ill be picking up an AEM fail-safe gauge. I love the look and the would fit in the A pillar mount Im interested in.
#19 Old 12-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Interesting info. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. As you said, I don't think the factory sensor will be very accurate though, especially for tuning purposes.

A guy local to me has a aem cai without the filter for 120.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#20 Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Definitely needs a wide band sensor to be as accurate as possible. I've been burying myself in research for the past few weeks, Im hoping to have my first real upgrade parts before the end of January.

Hopefully my experience can help other drivers.

If anyone has any questions about the panel filter or install please feel free to ask Im glad to help.
#21 Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticscythe View Post
Is it that the AP CAN read the AFR but the stock sensor isn't very accurate or that the Cobb AP isn't an accurate tool to read AFR period. If its a matter of swapping the sensor that's not such a big deal I would just need to add it to the to-do list.
You can't swap the sensor. You HAVE to use the stock one. And the problem is that the stock one is not accurate enough for datalogging or tuning. And you cannot hook an aftermarket WB sensor to an Accessport.
#22 Old 12-20-2013, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for clarifying, So the Stock O2 sensor Isnt accurate enough for fine tuning and the only way to get more accurate information is to run a pipe with a second bung and a wide band sensor feeding a second gauge. How would you get that information back to the AP or the ECU so it could use the more precise information?

anyway thanks for the response.

take care
#23 Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Premium Member

Garage
How would you get that information back to the AP or the ECU so it could use the more precise information?

anyway thanks for the response.

take care[/QUOTE]

With a datalogging cable like the "busted finger" one. Plug it into your laptop along with your ap and cobbs free access tuner race software.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!