Advices fo WRX 11 Upgrade - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Yes, light blue/dark blue, long and thin. Side feeds are really fat and short and yellow I believe.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blindzzz is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Yes, light blue/dark blue, long and thin. Side feeds are really fat and short and yellow I believe.
Dark blue!
synolimit, no words for your help!
Thanks!
Keep updating!
#33 Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Blindzzz is an unknown
Hi guys,

back with news...
What you all think about a turbo inlet? I expect take a perrin one.
Give me opinions! Feel free guys

Regards!
#34 Old 02-23-2012, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That'll work. Are they still silicone?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#35 Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blindzzz is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
That'll work. Are they still silicone?
Yes, they are. I read about fails of turbo inlets. Only two brands are advised Samco and Perrin, last one is more easy for I get!

Quote:
Silicone is now seeing a resurgence as a durable and superior material in performance motorsports. Silicone technology allows us to design a turbo inlet hose that is better in all aspects than the OEM part and increases your engines horsepower and performance.
From Perrin Web Site.

Perrins Tech said that gains will be 10-15hp, I think that it is too much, but if they said...
#36 Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
They also claim gains on their CAI's... So take that with a grain (of something).

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#37 Old 02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blindzzz is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
They also claim gains on their CAI's... So take that with a grain (of something).
I must agree with you some parts from Perrin are evil spoken. Mainly headers, Tmics (that doesnt fit) and noisily endlinks!
Btw turbo inlets, shift bushings and crank pulleys are well said.
So let me see if this turbo inlet really gives me 10-15hp... or not
#38 Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

for the headache an inlet is not worth it! they are a PITA to install!! i doubt they add power. your turbo is only 2.4" inlet, almost all CAI are 2.59" at the MAF housing. adding an inlet will increase size i believe to 3". i dont see the point in going 2.59", 3", 2.4". if anything i'd think you'd want the system to act like a compressor, start big and go small. that way as the air gets sucked in it speeds up. i dont know though, thats just my thoughts. id do that (so stay stock) or go the same size all the way to the turbo (like me, from the filter to the turbo is full 3")

guys have run the OEM inlet to 400AWHP without issue if that means anything.

#39 Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blindzzz is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
for the headache an inlet is not worth it! they are a PITA to install!! i doubt they add power. your turbo is only 2.4" inlet, almost all CAI are 2.59" at the MAF housing. adding an inlet will increase size i believe to 3". i dont see the point in going 2.59", 3", 2.4". if anything i'd think you'd want the system to act like a compressor, start big and go small. that way as the air gets sucked in it speeds up. i dont know though, thats just my thoughts. id do that (so stay stock) or go the same size all the way to the turbo (like me, from the filter to the turbo is full 3")

guys have run the OEM inlet to 400AWHP without issue if that means anything.
Your post is great! I can save money($200) and do things on a simple way, sometimes a cars project falls in other dimension and Im avoiding it.
I will never reach 400whp, so stay with stock inlet!
Im trying get out of common tuning, but its hard, a lot of people dont use TGV delete and Header, so I think that Im 1 step forward.
I thought that you all know what Im passing by, doubts, brands, everything and we always want the best to reach higher power as we can.
So parts are coming and its the end and start to plug everything and drive as happy as I can.

Advices are still welcome
Thanks again folks!
#40 Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I doubt a 2011 has problems with the inlet. But on the older models it seems the inlet use to break or crack when you did turbo changes. Just a frail design and they'd deteriorate over time. The 3rd gen wrxs have a different turbo layout than the older models and I'm sure the inlets are of a better design. So, no worries.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#41 Old 02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I doubt a 2011 has problems with the inlet. But on the older models it seems the inlet use to break or crack when you did turbo changes. Just a frail design and they'd deteriorate over time. The 3rd gen wrxs have a different turbo layout than the older models and I'm sure the inlets are of a better design. So, no worries.
thats what i was thinking, its the older and now more brittle ones because of time, heat, etc that have the issues.

however i will say this...the factory tightens the worm clamp very hard on the inlet to turbo. worm clamps when they are over tightened start to dig and eat into their material. "IF" you ever remove that clamp and take off the inlet, there is a huge chance it will have a leak and will be torn when you go to put it back on.

#42 Old 02-24-2012, 05:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

I never had a problem with Perrin's suspension parts (sways, enlinks, mounts,etc...)

@Turmic @synolimit
Good looking out on the inlet, didn't think they were any better/worse than the 02-07's

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#43 Old 02-24-2012, 06:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
That's probably why they were normally replaced when you did a turbo change then...from what Scott said. Makes sense.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae