Subaru WRX Forum banner

Advices fo WRX 11 Upgrade

9K views 42 replies 8 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
I´m looking for more power for my WRX 11 and I need your knowledge about tuning.

My project is:
OEM Turbo
OEM Transmission
CAI AEM:AEM 21-478WR
AVO TMIC: AVO S1104K941001T
AVO HOSE Black: AVO S1B03G9BABLKJ
Down Pipe invidia Divorced waste gate:INV HS08SW1DPN
Header Tomei(With up pipe gaskets and tape): TOM 193105
Exhaust: invidia Q300
Pump DW 301: DET 9-301
BOV HKS 4 recirc: HKS2 71008-AF012
Innovate WIDE BAND(Red): INN 3796
Brake: Brembo Golden calipers on front - dba 4000 series on rear
Swaybar Whiteline: 24mm front 22mm rear - adjustable with endlinks whiteline
ALK: Whiteline
Running with 91oct map by protune, Cobb doesnt work on SADM.
Anyone with that experience, how much power could reach on whp on a mustang dyno?
Any help and advices will be welcome.

Best Regards.:sneaky:

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry to mislead. I did mean at the crank but mine was just a rough guess and I didn't take into account that it was 91 octane (I'm lucky w/ 93-94 here on the east coast). If anything I was just going for a some help/ a bump for more knowledgeable ppl. And it's my bad since the OP wanted to know whp not hp.

#6 ·
Hi guys, thank you all for support!
I committed a mistake I will run with 95 oct...:p
My Fuel pump will be a DW-65c, perfect fitment on Subarus, was released on January.
Any infos will be welcome!
I´m thinking on 310whp on Dynojet. I don´t know if I´m expecting to much...
BTW I´m looking for Grimmspeed EBCS and TGV deletes, but a guy said that it will be much air a stock turbo. That is small.
TGVs will be great in high rpm/speed, but EBCs I dont know if is better leaves it with ECU.

Thanks again!

#8 ·
ROFL

So I should take TGV´s + EBCS from Grimspeed?
The engine will not breath too much?:sneaky:
With TGV I think I will gain 10-15 hp, so I could reach 310whp, I think so. It sounds good.
Any manufacturer for TGV? Grimmspeed, I thought that only do the service, but not sell one for just P&P, correct me if I´m wrong!!Thumbs Up

Tks

#9 ·
KS Tech sells the "block off plates", but don't see the point in that. Do it right or don't do it at all.

If yours isn't a daily driver, take yours apart and send it. If not, they do a core exchange either way.

#10 ·
Daily Driver :( ...
I saw a cosworth but it is so expensive $700, 15 hp costs too much LOL.
Here some guys draw back butterfly-shaft and it works well. KS Tech seems to do same thing, in my point of view, but it can pass more air, and how you said do it correct or don´t do it. I agree. Maybe I rectfy it here, because ship it to USA will cost a lot of money.
BTW I already buy Grimspeed EBCS, thanks for your help!!!Thumbs Up!

#12 ·
My dealer in USA said that if I pay a core fee for GS, they send one and I still get with mine.
If it be confirmed I will take them.

BTW anyone knows where I can buy a BOV HKS SQVS recirc.? They gone out USA and I´m in difficult to find it in any warehouse. Anyone can advice a good website(rallysportdirect doesnt have).

Keep in progress!!

Sorry, for some english mistakes guys.

#14 ·
Ooww!
You make me save $100! Or not! LOL.
My dealer offered a Go Fast Bits, I dont know brand and about their products...
Forge is a spring changer and to be honest I dont like it. Is the cheapest at all brands.
Turbo Smart is a new brand for me. If I understood its the number one in your advice and it is as expensive as HKS.
Cobb sounds good and my dealer can get it for me, and it is a Recirc! !Thumbs Up
I said about HKS because they do/did great jobs with BOV, but its so expensive, everyone here in Brazil likes HKS and most people use their BOVs, I´m going as blind leading the blind.
So if I´m looking for advices I should follow them, in your opinion my target should be a TurboSmart? Feel free for advices and correct any mistake, if I committed it.:D

Tks!

EDIT: Like you all said I dont wanna be like a ricer, making unnecessary noise, blowing for in every traffic light. I want have all silent possible, exhaust system will speak loud, its enough!

#15 ·
I personally run the Cobb XLE BPV on my car and love it. I have run it in full recirc and 50/50 with no issues at all (and I have monitored my A/F ratios with it also). It looks nice and fits great. I know when it came out a few people I knew switched to it and havent looked back. In matter of fact one of the guys had a turbo smart on his and switched, but he also really liked his turbo smart. So I would in my humble opinion stick with one of those.

#16 ·
So you chose save my money, :p!!!!
Cobb is my goal! If they do the same work why spend more?
And I can use it 50/50, how you said looking to WideBand, and making some noise :cool:
I have no words for help you guys are giving to me!
Next step is decide about TGV delete, a tuner quoted that service using mine per almost R$ 750,00 and I think that is expensive, using mine.
With that price I could take Avo ones or Grimmspeed. And keep mine. :p
I´m in progress few things changed, but some I add with your advices!
You all feel free to advice about brands, parts or anything else!

Tks!

#17 ·
Tgv deletes are a waste of time, keep your money and turbo. I made 337whp and 411tq on e85. Car should go 11s with proper driving. You know what you wont see on my mods list? TGV deletes, pain to go back to stock too!Thumbs Up

#19 ·
Here, in Brazil, we have E100, BTW it and E85(doenst exist here. People which use it do own mix on gas station) aren´t good for me.
My car is a daily drive and if I tune it for E100 it will give me a low autonomy, and to be honest I don´t think that our engines(WRX) like Ethanol, fuel rail etc. For a lot of guys it a myth busted, but I will not pay to see. I don´t want to come back here with a facepalm and saying that my engine blow up !Cry!
Yes you are correct, back to stock after TGV´s will be a pain, that is the cause that I should buy AVO TGV´s and keep my OEM.

BTW I need a help, AVO gives me two options for TGVs side feed and top feed. Does anyone know which is the correct?

Thanks a lot guys!

#22 ·
I´ve been read a lot about the E85 Army on NASIOC.
Autonomy is so low(like flex cars), and my day drive is hard, very hard, gridlocks everytime, speed at max 50km/h.
If my WRX was a second car I jump on E-100, a friend of mine done one, and he got 35 o lbs/tq on wheels with stock Turbo! He reduced turbo pressure because OEM clutch couldnt hold it.
For exemple today I did a trip of 280km on 140km/h I did 10km/l with 95 oct, I think that it is a good number for a turbo car 4 cylinders with 265hp.

So pzr2874, do you think that is not good/ necessary do TGV delete, only remove butterfly from the trotlle body?

Feel free to correct any tecnical mistake, give advices or whatever you all think that will be good for my ideas!

#25 ·
I´ve been read a lot about the E85 Army on NASIOC.
So pzr2874, do you think that is not good/ necessary do TGV delete, only remove butterfly from the trotlle body?
If you're going to do any of the mentioned mods, TGV replacement would be your best bet. Find a set already done and switch yours out. Plates or the delete mod.

#27 ·
My first thought is top feeds. But one of the other NEWER WRX/STi guys should will verify.

Can't go wrong with Grimmspeed but shipping alone will be murder but you won't need to send your stockers back (If you ever want to revert back to stock).

#29 ·
Sorry guys for my delay!
I was on a trip!

pzr2874, yes I think that I will follow your advice, avo seems that doesn´t want sell. I will spend more money, but with more consumer help and attention.

just look. top feed injectors are like a dime in diameter and long and side feed are like a quarter and short and fat.
synolimit,

thanks guy! There is an advice for find them and take pics?

Thank you all!!Thumbs Up

#35 ·
Yes, they are. I read about fails of turbo inlets. Only two brands are advised Samco and Perrin, last one is more easy for I get!

Silicone is now seeing a resurgence as a durable and superior material in performance motorsports. Silicone technology allows us to design a turbo inlet hose that is better in all aspects than the OEM part and increases your engines horsepower and performance.
From Perrin Web Site.

Perrin´s Tech said that gains will be 10-15hp, I think that it is too much, but if they said...
!Thumbs Up

#37 ·
I must agree with you some parts from Perrin are evil spoken. Mainly headers, Tmics (that doesnt fit) and noisily endlinks!
Btw turbo inlets, shift bushings and crank pulleys are well said.
So let me see if this turbo inlet really gives me 10-15hp... or not ROFL

#38 ·
for the headache an inlet is not worth it! they are a PITA to install!! i doubt they add power. your turbo is only 2.4" inlet, almost all CAI are 2.59" at the MAF housing. adding an inlet will increase size i believe to 3". i dont see the point in going 2.59", 3", 2.4". if anything i'd think you'd want the system to act like a compressor, start big and go small. that way as the air gets sucked in it speeds up. i dont know though, thats just my thoughts. id do that (so stay stock) or go the same size all the way to the turbo (like me, from the filter to the turbo is full 3")

guys have run the OEM inlet to 400AWHP without issue if that means anything.

#39 ·
Your post is great! I can save money($200) and do things on a simple way, sometimes a car´s project falls in other dimension and I´m avoiding it.ROFL
I will never reach 400whp, so stay with stock inlet!
I´m trying get out of common tuning, but its hard, a lot of people dont use TGV delete and Header, so I think that I´m 1 step forward.
I thought that you all know what I´m passing by, doubts, brands, everything and we always want the best to reach higher power as we can.
So parts are coming and its the end and start to plug everything and drive as happy as I can.

Advices are still welcome;)
Thanks again folks!!Thumbs Up

#40 ·
I doubt a 2011 has problems with the inlet. But on the older models it seems the inlet use to break or crack when you did turbo changes. Just a frail design and they'd deteriorate over time. The 3rd gen wrxs have a different turbo layout than the older models and I'm sure the inlets are of a better design. So, no worries.

#41 ·
thats what i was thinking, its the older and now more brittle ones because of time, heat, etc that have the issues.

however i will say this...the factory tightens the worm clamp very hard on the inlet to turbo. worm clamps when they are over tightened start to dig and eat into their material. "IF" you ever remove that clamp and take off the inlet, there is a huge chance it will have a leak and will be torn when you go to put it back on.

#42 ·
I never had a problem with Perrin's suspension parts (sways, enlinks, mounts,etc...)

@Turmic @synolimit
Good looking out on the inlet, didn't think they were any better/worse than the 02-07's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.