Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Advices fo WRX 11 Upgrade (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/advices-fo-wrx-11-upgrade-31419/)

Blindzzz 10-04-2011 11:11 PM

Advices fo WRX 11 Upgrade

Im looking for more power for my WRX 11 and I need your knowledge about tuning.

My project is:
OEM Turbo
OEM Transmission
CAI AEM:AEM 21-478WR
AVO TMIC: AVO S1104K941001T
AVO HOSE Black: AVO S1B03G9BABLKJ
Down Pipe invidia Divorced waste gate:INV HS08SW1DPN
Header Tomei(With up pipe gaskets and tape): TOM 193105
Exhaust: invidia Q300
Pump DW 301: DET 9-301
BOV HKS 4 recirc: HKS2 71008-AF012
Innovate WIDE BAND(Red): INN 3796
Brake: Brembo Golden calipers on front - dba 4000 series on rear
Swaybar Whiteline: 24mm front 22mm rear - adjustable with endlinks whiteline
ALK: Whiteline
Running with 91oct map by protune, Cobb doesnt work on SADM.
Anyone with that experience, how much power could reach on whp on a mustang dyno?
Any help and advices will be welcome.

Best Regards.:sneaky:

thepants1337 01-31-2012 03:27 PM

Just a guess here, but I would expect (not sure about injectors or if you need them. Also don't know tendencies of the different dynos---ex: which reads high and which reads low but) based on your CAI, turbo back exhaust, headers, TMIC I would say in the 340-350 hp range.

synolimit 01-31-2012 04:02 PM

[quote=thepants1337;275155]Just a guess here, but I would expect (not sure about injectors or if you need them. Also don't know tendencies of the different dynos---ex: which reads high and which reads low but) based on your CAI, turbo back exhaust, headers, TMIC I would say in the 340-350 hp range.[/quote]

not even close, 300 if that on a mustang. even with injectors 91 isnt gonna let you do more then 310. on a dyno jet 315 maybe.

brfatal 01-31-2012 04:05 PM

I'm pretty sure he meant 340-350 hp at the crank, not wheel hp, which is a very fair guess. That's about what I'd expect it to make. +/- 270 whp.

thepants1337 02-01-2012 06:57 AM

Sorry to mislead. I did mean at the crank but mine was just a rough guess and I didn't take into account that it was 91 octane (I'm lucky w/ 93-94 here on the east coast). If anything I was just going for a some help/ a bump for more knowledgeable ppl. And it's my bad since the OP wanted to know whp not hp.

Blindzzz 02-02-2012 03:14 PM

Hi guys, thank you all for support!
I committed a mistake I will run with 95 oct...:p
My Fuel pump will be a DW-65c, perfect fitment on Subarus, was released on January.
Any infos will be welcome!
Im thinking on 310whp on Dynojet. I dont know if Im expecting to much...
BTW Im looking for Grimmspeed EBCS and TGV deletes, but a guy said that it will be much air a stock turbo. That is small.
TGVs will be great in high rpm/speed, but EBCs I dont know if is better leaves it with ECU.

Thanks again!

pzr2874 02-03-2012 06:08 AM

Too much air on a stock turbo? He's on crack.

You will benefit from the 3port.

Blindzzz 02-03-2012 07:12 AM

[quote=pzr2874;275279]Too much air on a stock turbo? He's on crack.

You will benefit from the 3port.[/quote]

ROFL

So I should take TGVs + EBCS from Grimspeed?
The engine will not breath too much?:sneaky:
With TGV I think I will gain 10-15 hp, so I could reach 310whp, I think so. It sounds good.
Any manufacturer for TGV? Grimmspeed, I thought that only do the service, but not sell one for just P&P, correct me if Im wrong!!Thumbs Up

Tks

pzr2874 02-03-2012 07:32 AM

KS Tech sells the "block off plates", but don't see the point in that. Do it right or don't do it at all.

If yours isn't a daily driver, take yours apart and send it. If not, they do a core exchange either way.

Blindzzz 02-03-2012 08:06 AM

[quote=pzr2874;275283]KS Tech sells the "block off plates", but don't see the point in that. Do it right or don't do it at all.

If yours isn't a daily driver, take yours apart and send it. If not, they do a core exchange either way.[/quote]

Daily Driver :( ...
I saw a cosworth but it is so expensive $700, 15 hp costs too much LOL.
Here some guys draw back butterfly-shaft and it works well. KS Tech seems to do same thing, in my point of view, but it can pass more air, and how you said do it correct or dont do it. I agree. Maybe I rectfy it here, because ship it to USA will cost a lot of money.
BTW I already buy Grimspeed EBCS, thanks for your help!!!Thumbs Up!

pzr2874 02-03-2012 08:49 AM

Do the KS Tech plates and see if that's what you want, or maybe find used TGV's on Nastysock

Blindzzz 02-03-2012 06:03 PM

[quote=pzr2874;275287]Do the KS Tech plates and see if that's what you want, or maybe find used TGV's on Nastysock[/quote]

My dealer in USA said that if I pay a core fee for GS, they send one and I still get with mine.
If it be confirmed I will take them.

BTW anyone knows where I can buy a BOV HKS SQVS recirc.? They gone out USA and Im in difficult to find it in any warehouse. Anyone can advice a good website(rallysportdirect doesnt have).

Keep in progress!!

Sorry, for some english mistakes guys.

newtothegame 02-03-2012 06:06 PM

Get a better quality one than the HKS one. TurboSmart, Forge, or even Cobb as far as BOVs go.

Blindzzz 02-03-2012 09:32 PM

[quote=newtothegame;275322]Get a better quality one than the HKS one. TurboSmart, Forge, or even Cobb as far as BOVs go.[/quote]

Ooww!
You make me save $100! Or not! LOL.
My dealer offered a Go Fast Bits, I dont know brand and about their products...
Forge is a spring changer and to be honest I dont like it. Is the cheapest at all brands.
Turbo Smart is a new brand for me. If I understood its the number one in your advice and it is as expensive as HKS.
Cobb sounds good and my dealer can get it for me, and it is a Recirc! !Thumbs Up
I said about HKS because they do/did great jobs with BOV, but its so expensive, everyone here in Brazil likes HKS and most people use their BOVs, Im going as blind leading the blind.
So if Im looking for advices I should follow them, in your opinion my target should be a TurboSmart? Feel free for advices and correct any mistake, if I committed it.:D

Tks!

EDIT: Like you all said I dont wanna be like a ricer, making unnecessary noise, blowing for in every traffic light. I want have all silent possible, exhaust system will speak loud, its enough!

newtothegame 02-04-2012 05:40 PM

I personally run the Cobb XLE BPV on my car and love it. I have run it in full recirc and 50/50 with no issues at all (and I have monitored my A/F ratios with it also). It looks nice and fits great. I know when it came out a few people I knew switched to it and havent looked back. In matter of fact one of the guys had a turbo smart on his and switched, but he also really liked his turbo smart. So I would in my humble opinion stick with one of those.