2015 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By brfatal
  • 1 Post By arcticscythe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
crf450x

2015 wrx

I'm new to this site and new to subarus so excuse my ignorance. I'll go ahead and get that out of the way. Yes I know how annoying the new guys can be.

I'm coming from the diesel world and, being in college, it's just getting too expensive to keep up with my cummins. It's currently for sale and as soon as it's gone I'm going to sign some papers on a 2015 wrx. Seems as though there isn't much info here on the 15's so here's my question....is there anything that can be done to the car without voiding the warranty? The main thing I'm looking for is some more turbo whistle. From the reading I've done on here, pretty much any aftermarket intake requires a tune. Is that correct? I'd also like to get the car as quick as my truck. I know it will be a difficult task while keeping the warranty, but is there any way to squeeze a little more power out of it?? I apologize if this has already been covered.....yes I searched before posting....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-17-2014, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Anything that will make a noticeable amount of difference power wise will affect the warranty. An intake is a pointless mod on a stock car. There aren't really any parts available for it just yet anyways so that will help you fight the urge if the warranty matters.
crf450x likes this.
#3 Old 04-17-2014, 03:48 PM
crf450x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Anything that will make a noticeable amount of difference power wise will affect the warranty. An intake is a pointless mod on a stock car. There aren't really any parts available for it just yet anyways so that will help you fight the urge if the warranty matters.

That's pretty much what I was afraid of. And fwiw I just want an intake for the sound. Can't stand the idiots that say they have an intake on their car like that makes it a race car.

#4 Old 04-17-2014, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
crf450x,

Unfortunatly SOA is really only willing to warranty "stock" cars. In my personal experience the secondary warranty's purchased through credit unions or banks are more lenient about aftermarket installed equipment because they allow 3rd party shops to perform "warranty maintenance"

Before you run out and start modding your brand new car I always reccomend that drivers who are new to the platform drive for 3-4k miles. You will need to spend a thousand miles breaking the car in anyway and the extra few thousand miles will help you decide what is truely needed to make it run the way you want. If you want a little extra power and extra sound I would wait until Cobb releases a 2015 compatible accessport and a SF intake. They arent out yet but Cobb is pretty quick to release products for new model years. I just did the accessport and intake on my 13 and the sound is excellent.
crf450x likes this.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#5 Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Or get a 2014 if modding is what you want to do.
#6 Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 PM
crf450x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticscythe View Post
Before you run out and start modding your brand new car I always reccomend that drivers who are new to the platform drive for 3-4k miles. You will need to spend a thousand miles breaking the car in anyway and the extra few thousand miles will help you decide what is truely needed to make it run the way you want.

You know what....I think I agree with you that this is the best option. I guess I jumped the gun and got a little too excited a little too quick. Thank ya sir!

#7 Old 04-18-2014, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Im on here to help, If we can help you with anything else please feel free to ask.

When the mod bug does finally bite we have alot of knowledge to share, and everyone on these forums is excellent.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#8 Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

CleanFiend is an unknown
You can always do cosmetics to stick away from the warranty issues. Tint, wheels, vinyl etc... I actually just put in a new perrin pitch stop mount on my 2015 WRX, feels very nice