Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   2012 WRX sedan dual-tip exhaust? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2012-wrx-sedan-dual-tip-exhaust-32301/)

ninjaspork19 04-07-2012 05:34 PM

2012 WRX sedan dual-tip exhaust?

I'm looking to upgrade from the stock exhaust on my 2012 WRX. I like the sound of the Invidia N1 but I can't seem to find one that has the dual tips out the back. I don't like the look of a single exhaust and want to keep it with the dual look.

I'm having a hard time finding much of anything for 2012's, will earlier years work also? If so, what years? I'm trying to keep the price under $650. I've found a lot of the N1s for around $580 which is great but they're always for earlier years, for hatchback models, or single exhaust. ##@%#!

Any help would be great.

synolimit 04-07-2012 05:43 PM

n1 is a race exhaust. racing doent need the added weight of 2 mufflers.

if you want 2 mufflers you need to look else where. 08+ wrx 4dr will fit your car. 08-10 will have single tips and 11-12 will have quad tips.

ninjaspork19 04-07-2012 05:47 PM

Ohh well that makes sense. Thanks. Do you recommend anything that sounds like the N1 but with the two mufflers and around my price range?

a4sheeze 04-07-2012 09:08 PM

Honestly, I like the SPT cbe for the 2012s. For me the sound is perfect, not too loud, but a good throaty rumble. This will give you the look you want around your price range. Plus, you wont have to worry about voiding your warranty depending on how picky your dealership is. Most are cool with after market cbe's, but from my experiences, I have seen them look for ANYTHING they can find to void a warranty. Just my 2 pennies.

ninjaspork19 04-08-2012 08:03 PM

Oh interesting I didn't even think about the possibility of voiding my warranty... I definitely don't want to do that. Would you recommend calling the dealership and asking? I'll look for videos on that exhaust you recommended, I do want a somewhat loud sound to come from it but nothing ridiculous. Something a lot louder than the stock exhaust anyways. Maybe I'll have to look into increasing my price range. I'm a little concerned now about that warranty issue though. Hmm

a4sheeze 04-09-2012 03:08 AM

I would highly doubt that any cbe will void your warranty, but you never know. It definitely wouldn't hurt to call them up to make sure.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2x-oreuxA]2011 WRX Hatch - Stock vs SPT Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

synolimit 04-09-2012 03:32 PM

a CBE wont void a warranty. in fact nothing you can do can void a warranty. certain things can get a warranty claim denied (a CBE not being one of them) but you will always have the warranty.

just my 2 cents, i dont like the SPT CBE for 3 reasons, 1. the welds are weak and not stainless and ive seen them break. 2. the tips are set so far back in you will discolor and can burn your bumper. 3. the 2.5" pipe can make power up to 350HP but it will be harder to get there vs a larger 3" pipe.

find a used 08-11 aftermarket exhaust and save some money.

ninjaspork19 04-09-2012 07:29 PM

I messaged your uhh profile, I guess, Syno, but I'll post here for others as well to help my chances ;)

I'm new to the whole aftermarket car parts, I've never modded any vehicle. I finally got a WRX after wanting one since I was 16, now I have it and have no clue what I'm doing! I want an exhaust that's built solid, wont burn my bumper, and fits a 2012 with the dual exhaust look. Sounding like catback is the way to go, but what brand? Can you post some URLs to some? Forgive my newbness, I'm trying to learn, and I don't want to mess up and get something terrible. I'm not sure what site to look on, or what site has used parts, I've been doing a lot of looking around but I keep hearing that not all fit and some people are saying 08+ will fit but others say no.. I don't know!

ahh

synolimit 04-09-2012 07:49 PM

ok well the dual exhaust look will be any exhaust for a 4dr from 08+; what car do you have???

some exhausts hit the bumper or hit other things under the car so kartboy extended hangers might be needed. it just happens some times and you have to go with the flow. as for brand just google, i cant pick it for you. if you go used to be in your price range you just have to google for them, check ebay, nasioc, here, 3gwrx.com etc. if you want new you're going to spend a lot more and then i can give URL's. i highly doubt you will get something terrible! 100% honesty, they're all low grade stainless steel from china made as cheap as possible, will get surface rust, need cleaned, etc. if you want 100% quality you'll have to find a local shop that uses real 304SS. youtube for sound clips also even though they sound like crap on a cell phone cameras and pretty much sound the same. check my build thread too, lots of info there to learn about stuff.

ninjaspork19 04-09-2012 08:22 PM

I have a 2012 WRX 4 door. Pictures are on my page. I don't really mind I guess if its used or new, my price limit is $800, so if anything new is around there that sounds nice, great. If not, I can look around some of the sites you posted and see what is available. I've been listening to clips on YouTube but yeah, like you said, its hard to tell from those what sounds good and what doesn't.

ninjaspork19 04-09-2012 08:24 PM

Any difference between the WRX and STI as far as it fitting right?

ninjaspork19 04-09-2012 08:29 PM

Hows this one?

[url=http://www.topspeedsubaru.com/2011-2012-WRX-STI-Magnaflow-Sport-3-Cat-Back-Exhuast-Sedan_p_460.html]2011-2012 WRX / STI Magnaflow Sport 3" Cat-Back Exhuast (Sedan)[/url]

synolimit 04-09-2012 11:12 PM

no difference, the 11-12 sti will fit an 08+ wrx.

ninjaspork19 04-10-2012 06:29 PM

Ok thanks

ninjaspork19 04-10-2012 08:19 PM

For what it's worth, I decided to go with the Invidia Q300. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.