Subaru WRX Forum banner

2012 wrx SEdan BOV on stock turbo?

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
i know you cant have a BOV unless you have a after market turbo,

but im new to subarus, and the subarus have turbos. am i able to put a BOV on the stock turbo?

#7 ·
i love my cobb intake. shes matched up with a catless setup in the up and down pipe and sounds awesome . thats what i would do instead of getting a aftermarket bov. you will need a tune no matter which way you go. you have no real use for an aftermarket bov until you reach some high horsepower numbers. im running a stage 2 street tune with a cobb access port and running right at 18lbs of boost on the stock bypass valve(bov). works great

#11 ·
I don't have fake anything, and you can't tune for a blow off valve. Please do your homework.
My car happens to be the rarest of all wrx colors to date from factory. Early next year the states will receive 2-300 orange limited editions.

Please search the bov topic. I'm sure you will change your mind.

I do tho agree that it's a, to each their own mod. With that being said though, it's extremely obvious that you haven't done any research which is why I said and acted in the way I did. Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way. It's an extremely beaten topic.

.........CHEERS!!!

#12 ·
I bought my car with a BOV on so i never set the BPV back on and I think that that stupid PSSSST sound is awesome! its very funny when ppl hear it and dont know what to make of it. it definately draws attention, and wether it makes the car run better or not i do not know tho its still pretty cool. just remember these dudes say that the car runs much better without one.

#17 ·
That's why I'm asking questions, I'm new to Subaru, coming from 06 civic scene. And wanna do it all right the first time.

No I don't have anything at the moment, just bought my 2012 wrx for 27k 10k miles on it, from catallac dealership.

And ring I believe your right its about 300$ for tune

#19 ·
Hahaha, nah, it's off an 07sti! Busted. Haha
And the lip kit is from one of our site sponsors, it's a C-speed rep. From extreme dimensions.

A tad different than fender vents on a civic tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.