Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   2012 wrx hatch stage 2.. questions??? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2012-wrx-hatch-stage-2-questions-32205/)

scoobie4life 03-18-2012 08:36 AM

2012 wrx hatch stage 2.. questions???

I have a 2012 wrx hatch with spt cat back, ap, cnt dp and cobb sf intake. Runs great. Just odered gtspec uel headers and up pipe. I have a bunch of budies that have subies also and hear diff storys. I did read and someone said that i do need a tune for headers and up pipe and i was told that i shouldnt need too. So which is it? Next i have seen peek boosts up to 19.7 and have read tha when you get up around 20 the stock one will crack. So im guessing i need to buy a 50/50 rec? And also have seen a/f 11.0 didnt know if that was getting on the lean side. Last i notice that it heat soaks pretty quick and if i should next look into a bigger intercooler or the best way to go. I do have bigger plans for it if that helps. Any info would be a help thanks sooo much.

turmic 03-18-2012 07:39 PM

What kind of plans horsepower wise do you have? If there are plans of a bigger turbo and probably 350 or more whp. Then you might as well get a FMIC. If you're looking at staying 350whp or less. Then you might as well just get a Process West TMIC or Perrin TMIC. Something like that. I'd be looking at a Cobb BOV, Turbosmart BOV, or Go Fast Bits BOV. But, even then I'd just go full recirculation if its possible. The cars boost system was made to stay a closed loop system.

Alright, anyways...the header question. You will definitely need a tune for headers and the GT Spec UP that comes with the kit. What kind of tune do you have now? I'm hoping that you're tuned already with all those mods installed.

bad grocerygetter 03-18-2012 07:54 PM

Op said he has an ap... ;).

turmic 03-18-2012 08:11 PM

I thought I saw that....and then went back to look and over looked that part. That's what I get for hurrying.

scoobie4life 03-18-2012 11:17 PM

Just got back from the street and beat an 05 sti stage 2 from 2nd gear pull. I pulled him on 3 shifts and at 130 he started creeping up. Just thought i would through that in there. First off thanks for replys. Anywayys in the future yes i would like to go bigger turbo. So front mont is what ill have to go with. And i will just get a full bov rec. So the question now is should i get it dyno tuned or see if cobb will make me a tune for what i have done?

pzr2874 03-19-2012 06:33 AM

^Beware of Mods on the street/bench racing.... It's frowned upon like you have "the clap" here.

Look in your area for a COBB Pro-Tuner.... Street Tune or Dyno Tune

scoobie4life 03-19-2012 12:16 PM

Not sure what you mean there pzr2874? I dont have any tuners around my area there all hours away but i am calling today to TPG and CBRD to get prices and maybe get scheduled in for a tune. I just found out late last night that im over boosting about 1 psi and cobb makes a lower waste gate map to help me i have been emailing them about my issues and theyy have been a big help along with youu guys. I just ordered a perrin rec bov and thinking about going with a lighter crank pulley before i take it to get tuned.

pzr2874 03-19-2012 12:31 PM

[quote=scoobie4life;277352]Just got back from the street and beat an 05 sti stage 2 from 2nd gear pull. I pulled him on 3 shifts and at 130 he started creeping up. Just thought i would through that in there.[/quote]

This is frowned upon

newtothegame 03-19-2012 07:02 PM

Paul is right about the street racing. Dont do to begin with, if you do, keep it yourself. And as far as the Perrin BOV goes, I would stay away from it. I have ran it and it was utter garbage. And after trying to talk with them they were absolutely no help.

scoobie4life 03-19-2012 11:34 PM

My bad sorry guys. Thanks for the info.