2012 Subaru WRX 400 whp - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I think I would just stay with a Grimmspeed 3 port bcs....Keith wants to make it more complicated that what is needed. lol

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Meh keep in mind my compression is very low so any help in getting my boost to come up quicker is worth a little brain time...

Here:

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#18 Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I would honestly look into an oil pressure gauge. A little more feedback can come from them before an oil temp gauge. Thats what I have found from asking and researching. But a wideband and EGT will help with tuning and understanding what is going on with your car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Gauges in this order:
Boost
Oil Pressure
A/F <--make sure you get a quality one that reads in different formats.
Oil temp
Pyrometer(EGT), but personally not really needed. *puts on flame suit* There I said it....haha

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#20 Old 09-20-2011, 07:55 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Keith, is the flame suit for you not using an EGT or for the beating you are about to take? Lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#21 Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Keith, is the flame suit for you not using an EGT or for the beating you are about to take? Lol.
Beating. It's always been debated if they are useful for tuning. On a street driven car, I just don't see it being worth while. Again I'm on one side of the tracks and others are not.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#22 Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM

I will admit that I got one based off of a few opinions. A couple tuners and builders. I do like to watch it sometimes when I do drive it hard, not that its ever at a dangerous level. I will hopefully eventually be getting a few more gauges to add to my collection, but who knows where Im going with my car now.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well again for a diesel or serious performance car I can see it. Something that's going to see a lot of high RPM usage and or relies on heat, like the diesel, then it can be of help I suppose. Something to think about, do you think that gauge is telling you the actual temp at the exact moment it hits the probe? Don't you think the temp inside the combustion chamber is a lot hotter...??? Again my opinion is different that most and I'm not trying to sell anything. I am a cheap bastard and if I don't need it I won't buy it.
Touche'....lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...