Subaru WRX Forum banner

2012 STI Miss fire cylinder 4 SI-drive and Cruise control blinking

9K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  98SubaruRS25 
#1 ·
6 months I installed Perrin bov,K&N typhoon intake,Invidia cat back,and Cobb AP tuner running the stage 2 93 octane tune. 2 days ago I was driving and all of a sudden my check engine comes on and the SI-Drive,cruise control ,and something else keeps blinking. Also. It won't let me switch out of sharp mode and it won't boost over 10psi. Only while accelerating at low rpm and while at cruising speed the car starts to sputter and lacks power untill over 3-3500 rpm. I was told it was the 02 sensor so I replaced it and nothing changed also I reflashed and reset the computer and cleared the codes. Everything seemed to b fine till about 10 minutes into driving and it happened again and again and again. Can some one please help me and give me some insite to what's goin on

#2 ·
Switch it back to the Stage 1 tune. You aren't at stage 2.

Read the map notes.

Then reset your ECU by disconnecting the battery. Hold down the brake pedal a few seconds and wait 5 mins to reconnect it.

#10 ·
Is there any chance that it's doing this because I might have burned out the stock catylic converter for running a tune that's for a high flow cat because like I said before ive been driving it for 6 months with that tune and never had a problem. Well I'm gonna go drive around for a while and hope for the best.

#14 ·
Put the stock map back on and take it in. Hopefully you let the AP upload the stock map before reflashing it.

OR....

Put the stock map on it and see if it does it for a day or so.

THEN flash the sg 1 map and drive it around for a day. If it still does it, take it in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.