2011 wrx questions - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
TQ kills engines because that's actually the power that moves it... HP is just a derivative of TQ anyways, that's why the TQ curve is the one that matters on a dyno graph.

Always remember the phrase "HP sells cars, TQ wins races."

Also why VTEC blows donkey balls. 192 hp and 120tq is sloooooow. Only reason they even get 192 hp is because they can rev to 8k+. If you could rev your subaru to 15k it would make like 3,000 hp but barely any tq.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-07-2011, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I'll soon be revving to 7500.
#18 Old 05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Per my previous post if you rev to 7500 just make sure you have a turbo that can make it worthwhile or you'll end up just like the SI I described. Jk but you get what I mean.

My build will be normally spun to 7500 but I'll be good for 8k.. I'm also going to run a dom3 xt-r which should make power to 7500 no problem.

-Chris
#19 Old 05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
what needs done for such a high rpm on these motors?

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#20 Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

For the most part just making sure the oil system is up to snuff and upgrading your valve springs to prevent float at the higher rpm's. Do the springs and you mine's well do the valves while you're there.

I'm running a polished crank, PnP'd & high pressure 11mm oil pump from P&L, BC valve springs. I'm going to double check my clearances but I'm planning on being a bit on the loose side with STD size bearings, which is why I have the high flow/pressure oil pump. If the clearances aren't to my liking I may loosen it up a big with some HX bearings (extra oil clearance).

That's all you really need for 8k. To actually have a reason to spin to 8k, you'll want a pretty beefy turbo and some head word and cams to flow the air you need. Any more than 8k and I would consider larger clearances on the crank/rods, looking at some oil mods to the crank to feed your journals, and a dry sump oil system. I know some guys run 8500 or so on the stock style oil pump but I just don't trust it.

-Chris
#21 Old 05-08-2011, 01:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

lk86fire is an unknown
I want an 8k redline.
I'd be happy with 7.5k, but 8k would just feel better(mentally, when I see it on the tach) haha

-Ryan
'08 Zoebaru WRX
Super Saiyan(1)-Torqued Performance, Eibach ProKit
www.Subicru.com
#22 Old 05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

11_WRX_sleeper is an unknown
Anyone that has a 10 wrx can you please help me. I also bought a 11 and now thinking about doing somethings to it. Now I already have a 04 sti that am trying to sell, but what parts will still sync up the 11's? I would like to get at least 300hp to the wheels(nothing outstanding).....thanks
#23 Old 05-12-2011, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
What parts have you got in the STI?
#24 Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^In the old or new one ? Just trying to clarify... PM me details on the 04 if you would.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#25 Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Just looked at your F/S add none of the parts will fit

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#26 Old 05-12-2011, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
^^^ plus side all he needs is a DP to pretty much reach his goal.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#27 Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
For the most part just making sure the oil system is up to snuff and upgrading your valve springs to prevent float at the higher rpm's. Do the springs and you mine's well do the valves while you're there.

I'm running a polished crank, PnP'd & high pressure 11mm oil pump from P&L, BC valve springs. I'm going to double check my clearances but I'm planning on being a bit on the loose side with STD size bearings, which is why I have the high flow/pressure oil pump. If the clearances aren't to my liking I may loosen it up a big with some HX bearings (extra oil clearance).

That's all you really need for 8k. To actually have a reason to spin to 8k, you'll want a pretty beefy turbo and some head work and cams to flow the air you need. Any more than 8k and I would consider larger clearances on the crank/rods, looking at some oil mods to the crank to feed your journals, and a dry sump oil system. I know some guys run 8500 or so on the stock style oil pump but I just don't trust it.
Head work...fixing a typo there. Other than that...I totality agree with chris. Dry sump is one hell of a expensive conversion also. So, it wouldn't be worth it to go over 8k.

Yeah, nothing will really bolt up from a 04 STI to a 2011 WRX. If you had a 2011 STI then your engine and turbo layout would basically be the same. Just the 3rd gen STIs have Dual AVCS.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae