synolimit is a helpful contributing member
so fresh and clean! plus the camera with better pics

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Looks good...almost looks like it has mickie mouse ears with the black mirrors and almost makes it look like a TR from the 06-07 MYs.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#273 Old 04-12-2012, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

thanks, i think

so the car has 8-9k on it and i havent touched the mufflers or my bumper really. i mean i wash my car all the time but my car wash does nothing for the rear bumper. over time its gotten worse and worse with yellowing and staining. so today i decided to do my mufflers and i had some car compound polish so i thought id give the bumber a shot. what do you know, both ended up looking a lot better!! hopefull i wont have to worry about the bumper as much as ive just ordered HT Auto rear bumper exhaust shields, should protect and look cool.

before

during

done

#274 Old 04-13-2012, 10:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Well, it looks different than any other WRX of your MY and it looks good. So, it was a compliment.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#275 Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Can you PM me the exhaust shield you ordered by any chance synolimit. Looks extra clean by the way.
#276 Old 04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

there herrreeeeee...

HT auto does it again. used 3 pop rivets, nice and tight, looks good, should help the bumper look clean, and perfect fit!

#277 Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Bumper shields look good. Now, to do something about the rust on those canisters... sand them down and paint them black with high temp paint.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#278 Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You know, to clean the soot and crap off your "tips/mufflers" you can use steel wool. Works well and takes just a few seconds, just don't be a gorilla about it and they won't scratch.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#279 Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

the polish works good, i just need to keep up on it more often so it doesnt take so long. as for the whole muffler i may paint it. i just need to take them off and do it at some point!

#280 Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

I haven’t had too much to do lately but i wanted to update a little that i have done.

last week i installed a whiteline rear sway bar at the 23mm setting with kartboy end links and the whiteline support brackets that come with the sway as a kit now. install was pretty easy and straight forward. not removing the mufflers made it kinda tricky to get the old one out and the new one in but we managed with taking the mufflers off the hangers. with a 23mm rear sway and a OEM 19mm front, the car is really tail happy now! seems like every corner i go around with a little speed the rear end wants to fish tail out! but hey, thats fun!!!!

also last week i installed whiteline rear front trailing arm bushings. these things sucked!! removal of the arm was easy as hell but thats where it ended. i started late at night so i had no access to a press but thats ok, i do everything else on my own. first i drilled out the OEM rubber bushing and center collar. then i cut out the metal ring that was pressed into the trailing arm. this takes awhile but a hack saw does nicely. you just cut down through the ring 180* degrees apart on it down to the inner trailing arm and then just hit them out. now thats a little hard and you need tools and time but getting the new ones in was even harder. the whiteline bushing was 53mm while the OEM inner hole was only like 51.3mm. now i know you need a press but thats a big difference! after putting them into the freezer for a few hours i tried to press them in by putting everything in between to metal plates and pressing it with my bench vise. after many many attempts i got both started but let me tell you it sucked big time!!!!! i gave up after awhile and took them to my old work where a 3 ton press did the rest the next day. i cant really say i feel a difference in anything with them installed though.

next up was flat foot shifting is now working on the 11's. i hate computers. this was a nightmare also! i tried downloading ECU flash a few times, getting help from others, tried to patch the ROM over and over and after a full day and part of the next, Niko from Russia that makes the patch ended up getting it all sorted out. FFS and LC is really cool to have and im sure it will help out my drag times.

today i tried to install motor mounts. ive seen a few 11's on the dyno and when they back off of a run that motor has an ass load of movement! so harder mounts were in my future. the install didnt go though. turns out ALL WRXs need the STI mounting plates that come on the 08+ STI's. so after $200 for the mounts i had to spend another $60 for the mounting plates. what also kinda sucks is that even with my motor jacked up as high as i can get it, the motor mounts won’t come out. this means i have to remove my EL header and i hate messing with gaskets and have possible leaks form. install is pretty easy though and i think anyone could do it.

heres some pics of the OEM mounts. nothing specially, just thought id show something.

#281 Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You can get them out with the oem exhaust mani on.... It just takes a bunch of wiggling and contorting. Maybe your header covers space the oem one doesn't though.

All I know is I did mine without having to remove anything but the front sway bar and crossmember brace. The sway was in the way of the bolt on the bottom of the mounts because it's thicker than stock, so anybody with the OEM bar is ok in that regard.

-Chris
#282 Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

yeah i had to remove the EL header, the ends are way bigger since its 2 pipes running down instead of 1 basically.

install went ok except i had them installed backwards at one point and they didnt line up!! also because they were backwards the OEM heat shield or dust shield was hitting the oil pan so i cut them off. now only to realize they were backwards and didnt need cut off but o well. also had to make a run to the store for bolts because the OEM mounts are thick plastic and the OEM STI mounts are thin metal. the stock bolts were maxing out on the block before they were tight so i had to get some that were about 5mm shorter.

WWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!! i have never had any "signs" of a part install that people talk about, like NVH. my hard bushings all over, my pitch stop, misc stuff etc etc. never felt or heard anything over stock. BUT for the first time motor mounts have down something!! the bushing is rated at 75A which is hard but not super hard and holy hell the whole car shakes. i mean almost violent shaking when the car starts up cold an when you drop a gear to make a slow turn. it will be interesting to see how long these will last with the wife!!

#283 Old 05-19-2012, 06:42 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Scott I know exactly how you feel. I have the solid mounts for engine, transmission, and rear end. Its rather obnoxious sometimes. And my wife hates it also, lol. Best of luck with that.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#284 Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Scott
Synolimit@aol.com
Ohio

looking to sell my 2011 wrx swp. currently there is 12,000 miles on the car and im looking to get $28,000. i know for a fact i can get $22,000 minimum at the dealer on trade back in OEM form but id like to see what i can get for it first before i pull everything off. i also know that i can get at minimum $5,000 for all my goodies as i have $10,000 or more invested. i will have it on here for a little bit and if i cant sell it i'll go ahead and part the goodies and just trade it in.

currently the car has 335hp and 394tq tuned by Phatron running 22psi mid range tapering to 16psi at redline. Ill get close up pics and everything later but under the front lip there is a scratch from a driveway or something and there is a small dent on the rear drivers side quarter panel and almost impossible to see, a dent wizard guy could get it out and of course a few rock chips on the front end. other than that the outside and inside is flawless. car was washed every week and oil was changed every 3,000 miles always using Red Line 5w40. i took notes on every oil change and spark plugs, tranny fluid etc etc i can post if someone needs it.

mods are...

Engine/Power
Braille 15lb battery
Perrin EL header
Grimmspeed EWG UP
Tial 38mm EWG
Invidia catless DP
Turboxs CBE
QTP 3” exhaust cut out in the mid pipe
3” CAI
3” hard inlet pipe
Turboxs FMIC
Turboxs modded BPV
JDM one piece long running reversed IM
Grimmspeed 8mm phenolic spacers
AOS
NGK 1 step colder plugs
Parallel fuel lines
Walbro 255
DW 750cc
Perrin light weight pulley
Grimmspeed 3 port
AEM 3.5 bar MAP
KStech air pump delete

Suspension/Drive train
Torque Solutions motor mounts
Torque Solutions pitch stop
Torque Solutions short shifter
Torque Solutions front shifter bushings
Torque Solutions drive shaft center bushings
Kartboy rear shifter bushings
Group N tranny mount
TiC cross member bushings
Whiteline rear diff inserts
Whiteline rear front trailing arm bushings
Whiteline rear 23mm sway bar
Whiteline rear sway bar supports
Kartboy rear endlinks
Perrin subframe lock down kit
Koni shocks
RCE yellow springs

Wheels/Exterior/Interior
RH J5 EVO 18.9lbs wheels, 5x100 and 5x114.5 +44 matte black
Conti DW tires 245/35/18
Also 16” brand new steel wheels with new General Arctic winter tires
OEM roof rakes
Yakima wind fairing and bike mount
DDM HID 55w 6000k
JSP full carbonfiber GT wing
HT Auto exhaust shields
HT Auto front lip
Custom grills
SMY duel gauge cluster
Innovate wideband O2 sensor
Prosport boost gauge with red back light and white needle to match OEM

#285 Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
So what are you looking to build/buy next, just out of curiosity.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Closed Thread