2011 wrx build :) - Page 16 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#226 Old 12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Chris...its nothing personal. But, I'm saying some of these "dyno" programs can get skewed on bad driving/user error or bad roads. I'm not claiming anyone here is skewing results. Just that it can happen from one bad pull. Which is why you're avg'ing them out. I get it. There is always a down side to things and sadly I'm that guy that is pointing out how this could get skewed. I'll leave it at that and hope you realize I'm not bad mouthing anyone here.

Scott: nice graphs.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#227 Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^Didn't take it that way at all. If somebody skews the graphs they're only lying to themselves anyways.

-Chris
#228 Old 12-16-2011, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
did one last run because i forgot to open the cutout. did what i expected...not much haha. much smoother run though, no dip and got my full boost back at 3000 rpm

gained 8hp and 1tq on the 8 smoothing.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#229 Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

well its been awhile. still messing with the winter tune just a tad. i guess its never done because the octane is always changing when running on the edge and it gives a little knock every now and again above 6k but damn it runs good and strong. thank you tuner! you know who you are!!!!

cant wait till summer! if i can get another degree or 2 of timing up top ill be so happy since it will be pushing 340 maybe even 350awhp! as for TQ im gonna crush it since we are going to try for another 2-4psi! i will be very happy however with just 340HP 400TQ.

ANYWAYS, Paul Walker stopped by the shop today, he says Hi!

its a JSP motorsport CF 55.5" long 10" high blade wing. i bought it off a guy for $150 because he bought a used 11 wrx and the previous owner had it on there. not sure why someone buys a car for only a few months, installs just a wing and then sells it; whatever. its retailed at $400 or $500 but JSP doesnt make them anymore, not sure why but hey i think i got a good deal.

install was so so. because the trunk is bowed and the mounting plates are flat i had to glue on rubber feet and then grind them down so they sit at an angle. took 2-3 hours taping, marking, cutting, drilling etc. over all im happy and should help on the track. only thing i dont like is i see why guys mount wings to the rear quarter panels; the trunk has a lot of flex because it sits on a rubber seal. not sure if this will hurt anything as 100's of guys do it that way but o well.

#230 Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'll give you credit, it takes guts to roll around town with one of those. Not really my thing, but it looks like a pretty clean install. I think it would look much meaner from the back mounted on a cf trunk... next on your list: cf trunk, cf roof wrap, cf hood, cf lip kit.

John
07 WRX
#231 Old 02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
!Laugh!

Sorry man, no way.... No way.

-Chris
#232 Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
!Laugh!

I agree... Looks horrible.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#233 Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
!Laugh!

i take it you dont track much? i mean id leave it off if i didnt need it. if tracking is something you wanted to do and something you loved then there's no way you could say "no way." cars are way to unstable at 130+ and i know from experience tracks that i go to like mid ohio, beaver run, nelsons, VIR, summit point, will see that (beaver wont). better my life over looks.

just an example of not having one or losing one like at VIR down the back straight (fyi a stock wrx reaches 123mph here, since im 155 more HP 130+ is easy!)...

Element Tuning Time Attack STi 148 MPH Crash. Failed Spoiler - YouTube

hell even this is ugly, but its fast as ****!

#234 Old 02-12-2012, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well I guess I learned something new, never knew you raced around road courses.

If you're hitting over 130 mph to need a wing (looked up that jsp, it's a universal wing with no downforce specs), then you should probably address the brakes and cooling system as well. I don't recall if you have done either of those. I'd be more worried about flying off a corner because I've lost my brakes. I've had two guys I know run into the gravel at miller motorsports park back in Utah with VERY well prepped cars - see below

Brake failure:
Brendon's Crash & Rebuild (in-car footage & pics inside) - NASIOC

Wheel stud failure:
I was going to wait but it might be next year.... - NASIOC

Seriously, I'm all about function over looks, so maybe look into selling that and getting a Kognition if you're serious about downforce.

-Chris
#235 Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Well I guess I learned something new, never knew you raced around road courses.

If you're hitting over 130 mph to need a wing (looked up that jsp, it's a universal wing with no downforce specs), then you should probably address the brakes and cooling system as well. I don't recall if you have done either of those. I'd be more worried about flying off a corner because I've lost my brakes. I've had two guys I know run into the gravel at miller motorsports park back in Utah with VERY well prepped cars - see below

Brake failure:
Brendon's Crash & Rebuild (in-car footage & pics inside) - NASIOC

Wheel stud failure:
I was going to wait but it might be next year.... - NASIOC

Seriously, I'm all about function over looks, so maybe look into selling that and getting a Kognition if you're serious about downforce.
yep, started here, now gonna do both. the biking will stay full race, the car will be track days for fun then who knows.

its gonna be over the next year or so (maybe a little this summer) therefore i have time to get everything done. brakes will be Wilwood 6 pots with aluminium top hats, SS lines, their race pad (r20??) and motul 600 fluid. the cooling just water and water wetter. a cage, not to sure how much of one. front spliter and rear diffuser. track tires. seat belts and hans system.

ill check it out.

#236 Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Jsp spoiler is the "San francisco treat" all joking a side, if you like it that's all that counts. I have to say the price was right, and it looks like you took your time on the install. No one can say you do stuff half ass.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!
#237 Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

As for those wilwood's, not the lightweight ones. Just thinking from before when you were talking about the lighter ones to shave weight. Unless I was looking at the wrong ones, those were described as definitely not for track days as the lower weight=less thermal mass=less fade resistance.

-Chris
#238 Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Not digging the wing at all, sorry.
#239 Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Lets try to keep the feedback constructive folks? Ok?

I think there's a difference though between debating the merits of a wing in general and in specific. In general, lots of cars need wings and they are very important parts. In specific, most cars never reach speeds where they add any benefit whatsoever and most wings are not functional. I don't know how functional the wing you bought is, I have my doubts. I also don't know what events you do where you'd reach those high speeds. Those things said, of course there are situations where wings are extremely important pieces of equipment. I just can't think of any legitimate reason to put one on a car that doesn't already have, just for example, a roll cage. Just saying.

To each his own.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#240 Old 02-13-2012, 03:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Looks pretty hard core like the rally sport direct project car.

Shop Cars >>> 2011 STi – Post SEMA Photoshoot | theATTACK.rallysportdirect.com

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
Closed Thread