Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 wrx build :)

128K views 314 replies 22 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
just thought id post up the new build thats gonna happen. im gonna do what i did last time with all my parts but going a few new route's starting with this little guy...

its a one piece JDM version 8 spec C manifold, no TGV's, and should be a first on an 11. this isnt my pic and mines pretty dirty so im gonna have grimmspeed port it out and i'll wrinkle black paint it. my TXS FMIC came with piping for the STI and WRX manifolds so install should be pretty easy. im still going to do parallel fuel lines again but this time im gonna cut my fuel rail ends to make nipples and flare them out so i can get a better flow design out of them because im also going to be adding a aeromotive FPR which will need mounted some where off the manifold like the firewall.

im also not sticking with my ewg UP. not that much room and if you can tell i want stuff no one else has. dont get me wrong, im definently sticking with a ewg but its gonna go on this guy...

ATP GT3076R or GTX3076R. now this is made for a 44mm ewg but im gonna have an adaptor made so i can run my 38mm and keep the price down. plus some people think small turbos should have large EWG's and large turbos should have small. i dont know if i believe it but it should be interesting to see this setup.

i might end up doing how to's for all of this and i know people might ask or say a lot is going to be involved which i havnt stated. i know this and not everything is going to be cut and dry but should be fun to find out.

my tuner is now on a brand new Mustang dyno and there still installing the old Dynojet because they moved shops. i think everything will be done on the Mustang because he likes it more. im not brave enough to do a stock dyno on the shitty stock tune so im either going to do a stage 1 or 2 E-tune from Torque Performance as a bench mark, then come back for a pro tune with everything below but the GT30. so basically ill have everything to max out the stock VF52 but an EWG, prove that little bugger can hit well over 300 on any dyno, then finish her up with the GT30.

mods should be..

EXHAUST
Perrin EL header
Perrin 2.0" Big UP
Invidia Catless DP
QTP 3" Cutout in mid pipe
TXS CBE

INTAKE
TXS CAI (just the pipe)
My 3" inlet
TXS FMIC
TXS RFL BOV
MY Blow through
JDM manifold, no TGV's
Grimmspeed 8mm phenolic spacers
air pump deleted with kstech block off's

FUELING
parallel fuel lines
Walbro 255
DW 750cc
Aeromotive FPR

SUSPENSION and Drive
STI SS
Group-N tranny mount
TiC cross bushings
TiC front SS bushings
Kartboy rear SS bushings
Perrin subframe lock down kit
Whiteline diff bushings
RCE Yellow springs 330 lbs
Koni adjustable shocks
18.9 lbs RH evo wheels 18x8.5 +44
Conti DW 245/35/18

MISC.
Grimmspeed 3-port
AEM MAP
ATP GT30 turbo

See less See more
#295 ·
top of the page fella's.

moving to cbus which is 2 hours from school. need a nice luxury new car with power and warrenty. if you guys know people that need stuff please help me out.

i still need TGV's more than anything!

#301 ·
Man, you waste no time at all. You already got tints on it. LOL. Are you going to keep this thing stock? or will there be mods in your future? Ouch man...thats the GS model. Correct? That has a high price tag for a FWD turbocharged car.

#302 ·
nope i dont, tint is always needed! never got it on the 11 wrx though for some reason. only mod i didnt have haha.

well im planning on a K&N drop in and possibly a quite CBE that ill make. i was going to keep it bone stock but the OEM tune i think is garbage like the Subi tunes. i feel knock or something going on and its just not smooth to me. the car just feels like its going then braking then going. i bet its lean and pulling timing. also the tranny computer will kill boost or timing if you put down to much TQ. theres a stage 1 tune out there that i bet is a lot better and adds like 50-60 HP and TQ putting it just under 300fwhp. it also turns off the tranny computer or lets you put a little more down before it goes crazy. a stage 1 Torqed Performance tune i had on the 11 was one of the smoothest running cars i had.

yes its a GS. HUGE 14"x1.25" rotors and 4 piston Brembo's. thats what i wanted for racing on the wrx. thing has an amazing pedal feel. the 3 way push button suspension is also nice! 3" turbo back to the axle back, nice 19's (didnt want the 20" chromes), insane "racing" style seats that hold you in, amazing Harman/Kardon 5.1 sound system, keyless entry-start-and lock, HIDs, XM-maintanence-Onstar free for 2 years, and much more. its nice that Opel built it, i love being back in a German car!!

price wasnt to bad. $3800 knocked off, 2 year lease and the residual will allow me to buy it and at 5 or 6 years total it will be cheaper than a 5 or 6 year buy. its the same price im paying on the 11 wrx so...

PS also might change out all the badges for Opel's and get the Insignia's blacked out grill.

heres a vid of what the CBE would sound like.

http://youtu.be/twaQtic1NTI

#304 ·
I wish Opel would come back to the states full bore. For some time now I have wanted a Tigra, not a whole lot of balls, but I find them sexy.

Syno-GL with the new ride. cant wait to see/read the new build

#309 ·
i hate doing these, they never sound like they do in person.

start up

2012 GS start up - YouTube

i swear i wasnt trying to trip the gears! i ran the clutch out in first, i dont even know how it tripped after letting it fully out at like 4k, traction control was on too.

2012 GS CBE - YouTube

#312 ·
Welp she's finally gone. I couldn't take two $400 plus payments anymore and had to trade it in to get rid of it. Got raped and it still stings a little!! But at least I have something cheaper, fun, 4x4, and "cool."

I'm no longer part of the subi family but at least jeeps wave too on the street.

06 wrangler X 88k and cleanest cheapest one I could find! It's a good find and I'm about 3k under book so I could turn a profit or get rid of two payments all together if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.