2011 WRX Aftermarket Parts? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

2011WRX is an unknown
Lightbulb 2011 WRX Aftermarket Parts?

Just trying to get an idea if there are any 2011 aftermarket parts out there that retain the Factory Warranty while give setting my Subi apart. Already have SPT intake in mind as well as exhaust but aside from that ???

Im certain that overall the market for 2011 stuff is still small but Im assuming as the motors are the same that there should be alot that transfers. Again need to maintain factory warranty. 5/60 full bumper to bumper.

Is anyone making an aftermarket cowl intake for these cars? Somthing that would apply over the factory intake to grab more air and give the car a really sick look?

Thanks in advance for your responses. If anyones local Ill see you at the MotherRoad Route 66 Car Show this wekend in Springfield IL. My Subi is entered in best import class.

Thanks everyone,

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you want to keep your warranty the best bet is too keep it as stock as possible. Most consider the WRX/STI a sports car, so anything that goes wrong can be attributed to driver abuse even without mods.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 09-26-2010, 06:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxphantom is an unknown
here is something that won't void your warranty

2008+ Impreza wrx sti dual gauge pod cluster
#4 Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011WRX View Post
Just trying to get an idea if there are any 2011 aftermarket parts out there that retain the Factory Warranty while give setting my Subi apart. Already have SPT intake in mind as well as exhaust but aside from that ???

Im certain that overall the market for 2011 stuff is still small but Im assuming as the motors are the same that there should be alot that transfers. Again need to maintain factory warranty. 5/60 full bumper to bumper.

Is anyone making an aftermarket cowl intake for these cars? Somthing that would apply over the factory intake to grab more air and give the car a really sick look?

Thanks in advance for your responses. If anyones local Ill see you at the MotherRoad Route 66 Car Show this wekend in Springfield IL. My Subi is entered in best import class.

Thanks everyone,

Dave.
1. They don't make an SPT intake for your model year.
2. Nobody makes a cowl intake as you'd have to cut up your hood and add another scoop. It would look retarded.
3. If keeping your warranty is your goal, call up the local dealership and ask them what mods they would be ok with you having. Some dealerships will deny your coverage based on a catback while others would be ok with doing light and moderate repairs with you being stage 2 (large repairs like engine and transmission are usually out of the question).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxphantom View Post
here is something that won't void your warranty

2008+ Impreza wrx sti dual gauge pod cluster
So are you gonna spam your product a 4th time or what?
#5 Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
1. They don't make an SPT intake for your model year.
Why not? Nothing changed motor wise. Possibly a CBE should be for a 2011 only, and that's a maybe. Body only widened so all parts should be a direct fit.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#6 Old 09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
What makes you think the issue is the engine or engine bay space? The ECU matters a whole heck of a lot more.

It's not really a problem though. As far as the OP is concerned, the SPT intake (had he been able to get one) would be nothing but an aesthetic mod. He wouldn't get any power out of it. As for as the SPT intake is concerned, it sucks anyways. It's quite restrictive.

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We appreciate your interest in modifying your 2008 WRX STI, while keeping the warranties on your vehicle in tact.
Subaru
of America will not be offering an SPT air intake for our 2008 and 2009 WRX and WRX STI models. The following is Subaru of America's position on aftermarket products:

We do not recommend the installation of any aftermarket part into any of our vehicles. This is because Subaru of America does not test nor research aftermarket products. Installing an aftermarket product may affect your warranty; but only on related failures. Any problems caused by the installation or performance of an aftermarket product will not be covered by the warranties on your Subaru. There is no program for Subaru to inspect the installation of an aftermarket product and approve it.
Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance. If you need any future assistance, please let us know.
Sincerely,
John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Dealer Services Dept.
[THREAD ID:1-2S9FZC]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2/20/2009 06:50:06 PM
To: custdlrservices@subaru.com
Subject: (SR #:1-168402215) Parts/Accessories Related

Hi. I would like to know if there will be an spt intake for my car available any time soon or at all please let me know. If not i guess I'll have to go aftermarket like k&n ..also would like to know if you guys aren't going to manufacture an intake for my car can something be worked out for me to get an aftermarket intake have subaru check it out so as not to void my warranty..please let me know. thank you
#7 Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

2011WRX is an unknown
Thank you,

[QUOTE=brfatal;251097]1. They don't make an SPT intake for your model year.
2. Nobody makes a cowl intake as you'd have to cut up your hood and add another scoop. It would look retarded.
3. If keeping your warranty is your goal, call up the local dealership and ask them what mods they would be ok with you having. Some dealerships will deny your coverage based on a catback while others would be ok with doing light and moderate repairs with you being stage 2 (large repairs like engine and transmission are usually out of the question).

Thanks for the info. I had hoped that SPT was going to put out an intake for the 09 above engines but it appears not. I understand that aside from the additional spool sound the SPT is prety much for asthetics but Im good with that. I show my Subi and pretty engine bay wins awards. SPT has yet to make an exhaust for the 11 sedan WRX but im assuming its on the way.

Question.. does anyone have the SPT heat shield and if so has it discolored after use? I suspect that the crome suffers heat fatigue after time. I want the underhood shine without worrying that its going to look like crap after two weeks.

Thank you to everyone for your posts.

Dave.
#8 Old 10-07-2010, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

red104dr is an unknown
I install a SPT heat shield on my 2010 after I got it in March and it still looks like new.
#9 Old 10-07-2010, 05:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxphantom is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
So are you gonna spam your product a 4th time or what?
maybe a couple more times.