2010 WRX Sedan PLEASE HELP!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-04-2011, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

itch is an unknown
2010 WRX Sedan PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi all,
I am a new-b but am starting my first mod today by installing sway bars (PERRIN). I have access to a hoist / lift today only and want to make sure I know where to place the arms before lifting the car to avoid damage.
I assume the swing away hoist arms go where I would Jack the car up. Correct?

If this is different and you can provide pics, please do!!!

Thanks in advance
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-04-2011, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by itch View Post
Hi all,
I am a new-b but am starting my first mod today by installing sway bars (PERRIN). I have access to a hoist / lift today only and want to make sure I know where to place the arms before lifting the car to avoid damage.
I assume the swing away hoist arms go where I would Jack the car up. Correct?If this is different and you can provide pics, please do!!!

Thanks in advance
Jon
Yes, but be mindful of where they end up as not to get in your way when taking it all apart. Might be easier to do it with jackstands and a jack.... Or even ramps, might be easier to have load on the suspension when doing it.... Chk back either way

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You can do the rear on the ground, then just jack the front of the car up for the front. The only thing to note is you may need to drop the exhaust to get the rear bar off. You have the sedan so I'm not positive how your exhaust is set up, but for the hatch I could get the stock bar off but could not get the Perrins on one since they were much beefier.

-Chris
#4 Old 05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

bizzle is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to bizzle
Word of warning- the directions for install say you need to put your car on ramps, not jacks or hoist.

Something about keeping your suspension loaded when installing the bars to make sure they line up properly. I did my Perrin bars and end links using ramps. Back nuts were easy to put in crooked, and my front cross bars someone at the factory over-torqued like crazy- same for my down pipe.

But back to the bars- be sure to read the install directions. Since I have single pipe exhaust I was able to get the bar in without dropping the exhaust- I doubt you will be so lucky with the dual setup in the sedan.

You did get upgraded end links as well, right?

-D