2009 WRX Front Strut Brace - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

ITR000 is an unknown
2009 WRX Front Strut Brace

I just picked up a 2009 WRX 265 two weeks ago and wanted to install a front strut brace. I also have a 2000 Type R and I find the Subie rolls too much in corners. I don’t want to install a coil over system yet however I thought I would start by installing a good quality strut brace.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm thinking you might be better off with some beefy front and rear aftermarket sway bars and endlinks instead of strut tower braces. Some of them are pretty stiff and they'd probably be more effective in reducing body roll. I think your stock rear endlinks might actually be plastic too - I'm pretty sure they are on 02-07s anyway and aftermarket endlinks are metal so that alone is a pretty big improvement. But, if you want strut tower braces too, they certainly wouldn't hurt...

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
I'm with you ITR000, especially at a good rate of speed I notice too much play/sway so I've been looking at some good sway bars in line with what ManShow is saying. I've seen some pretty nice ones for decent prices that are quite a bit larger than the little stock ones and are adjustable for fair prices. Plastic rear end links?! I certainly don't like plastic anything, lol. I was also wondering if the stock shocks are adjustable at all for perhaps a little tightening. Alot of the braces (front upper/lower, engine, ect.) don't seem to be that expensive either. I'm only concerned about time and money for installation since I don't have a lift for the beefier additions.
#4 Old 08-21-2009, 09:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
There is nothing wrong with plastic. There are a lot of plastics that are as durable or moreso than metals. Sure the stock endlinks suck, but it is not specifically because they are made of plastic.

I remember reading one time that they were going to start making plastic engines... I wonder what happened with that.

Edit: Looks like they gave up.