2008 WRX Questions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

ecwrestler09 is an unknown
2008 WRX Questions

So i recently bought a 2008 WRX and i was wondering what i could do to get the most horsepower the least expensive way? Parts such as intakes, turbo and accessories, intercoolers. tuning, and such items. i know this seems like a very broad category but the help would be greatly appreciated. I am very new to Subaru's but i LOVE my car! thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecwrestler09 View Post
So i recently bought a 2008 WRX and i was wondering what i could do to get the most horsepower the least expensive way? Parts such as intakes, turbo and accessories, intercoolers. tuning, and such items. i know this seems like a very broad category but the help would be greatly appreciated. I am very new to Subaru's but i LOVE my car! thanks.
Start here and read about the topics you are interested in. When you are finished come back and ask questions that are more specific.
#3 Old 04-21-2009, 05:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

COBB_08wrx is an unknown
I Got All The Info U Need

WOMPSHH
#4 Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
And none of the grammatical tact to spell it out so anyone can understand it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 04-22-2009, 02:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx9wagon is a helpful contributing member
+1 to newtothegame.
#6 Old 04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Boost Addict is more helpful than not
This link may be a more concise introduction to what you're dealing with here... It's served members well on other forums. I promise it's an easy and enjoyable read that will raise more specific questions or simply give you the answers you need:

*Turbocharged Motors* - Understanding the Components, Processes and Modifications

If you're looking for a quick suggestion; Tuning. As described in my linked post, Tuning is the absolute essential for running your vehicle safely and taking the most advantage of any parts you add. You may also be curious to see my own modification path, titled 'Boost Addicts 08 WRX Build', which is also in this same section just a few posts away. If you want to be able to keep pace with new M3s, 335is and Corvettes, a turbo upgrade should be planned. If you just want to max out the current snail effectively, perhaps a Stage 2 setup is right for you. People will generally run into issues when they begin to arbitrarily bolt on intakes, downpipes, etc, and not adjust for them with proper tuning.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, or PM. After all, that's what a forum is for.
#7 Old 04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

ecwrestler09 is an unknown
i have around $1700 right now to spend, but i make around 450 a week and have around 200 extra a week for my car.
#8 Old 04-27-2009, 11:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

ADrewzki is an unknown
For what it's worth, I got the stage one accessport from Perrin for right around $700. Their maps are slightly more aggressive than the COBB maps and you'll get all the COBB ones loaded onto the AP as well. I think it was a good deal and I'm happy with it.