Subaru WRX Forum banner

2008 Likes and Dislikes

21K views 85 replies 58 participants last post by  red08WRX 
#1 ·
Hi, This is the first post we have created in the new section for 2008+.

What are the dislikes and likes? I am a huge fan of the new car, and the more I look at the silver WRX in the header, the more I can't wait till they come out!

#64 ·
I misspelled, but if you look on tirerack.com and discounttires.com there's a decent amount of wheels that have colored lips still. I'll agree, I hate them. Even if it's a all black rim with a chrome lip. stupid, if you want a solid black rim. That and the stupid wheel stubs that are all over the lip. I don't get it, who in their right mind wants that? It looks like you have a ton of rivets all over your rim. I dunno, just my little rant.

#69 ·
I drive a 08 WRX hatch and I love it! And let me tell you as soon as the new model came out i was the first one to say what a shitty design and ar it was. I made groups up, and ect. about how mad i was at subaru for desgining this car. You guys shouldn't knock the car until you have seen it up close and driven it! As soon as i saw one i bought one...They drive way smoother and nicer that the 04-07 WRX's and i think in a way look nicer. That hatch desgin was as planned out alot more than the sedan, and the lights on the hatch are actually reallynice at night time with the individual LED's. My WRX is black and i blacked out the tail light and it looks stealthy! SO before youmake fun of the car go test drive one and really have a good look at one!!Thumbs Up

#72 ·
I wouldnt go as far to say that , I dont see a sticker price for the 2009 yet ?......I'm sure I could mod my WRX for less and beat it in price and power my friend. :sneaky:
What ever moderator put that up , should really have includede the dealer price, I'm sure its about $4000.00 more than a premium 2008 WRX .

#82 ·
Xeroh, I like what you've done with your sedan, it's a major improvement over stock. I'm torn between a sedan and hatch myself. Kinda agree with wrxshotta on the rear end of the sedans, but having a fast as hell sleeper is appealing as well. The sedan is growing on me... just not sure how much.

#84 ·
everyone with pre 08 wrx's always seem to hate the new bodystyle. everyone that has bought a new wrx has loved the car. i drove an 05 sti at the dealership when i bought my 08, honestly i didnt like it one bit. i drove the 08 and fell in love with it. i have a stg 2 on mine with suspension and there isnt a stock sti that will touch my car. in a couple years when the new wheres off all this downing the the 08 will fade....so really just keep your opinions to yourself before someone with an "ugly" 08 embarrasses you on the road.

#85 ·
1) Stop comparing modified cars to stock cars. Also "there isn't a ___ that will touch my car" is moronic, juvenile, and bench racing (against the rules). Frankly, you probably have zero experience on a track and a good driver in a stock dodge neon could kick your ass. Learn some humility, some respect, and some courtesy. The only one being embarrassed here is you.

2) The 08's sales numbers don't lie. It was a failure. The 08 WRX was not popular. Also, far more people than old Impreza owners think the 08 is a horrible style direction. It is widely criticized by nearly every auto enthusiast mag out there. Of course it is no shocker that you like it. You BOUGHT it. Everybody like the car they actually ended up buying. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't have bought it. Subaru spent a lot of money on the redesign IMMEDIATELY for the 09. This also shows how much of a failure the 08 was.

3) There is a shift key on your keyboard. You can use it to capitalize things. The first word in every sentence should be capitalized. Your intentional disregard of that is disrespectful to the members of this site.

Sorry to be harsh.

#86 ·
Well let me start off by saying, I had an earlier post saying some stuff bitching about my WRX. Ill have to say it was mostly due to being bitter over the 09 WRX.

I learned some more things that I like about my WRX over the last couple of months. This morning before I left to the dealer for the recall, drinking my good ole Dunkin Donuts (self-brewed) coffee of course watching the Beagle doing his thing outside.
I noticed this, for one I very much like the looks of my car. The hood-scoop is more blended to the style of the car in my words "very streamlined". I think its a very smooth lined car. I think for one the drag coefficient on these newer cars has surpassed the older ones by far. The older WRX's are blunt and bulbous from the hood scoop to the front fascia. Why did they do an extreme make-over? I dont know why, maybe the car is fitting into newer times. Myabe the Jappanese pulled out all the old tricks to make the car a higer rated fuel/MPG car. Who knows?
To not change in my mind is like saying "bring back VHS and lose the Blu-ray" lets never move foward. I can agree change isnt always fun, but in most case its just pratical and needed.
To top off my little rant here, Ill most likely be a Subaru guy for a long while. My car is truly fun to drive and for people to say it doesent deserve to bear the WRX badge, is a silly thing to say. Ill predict a lot of the subi-cult will come around on this generation WRX.

P.S. Turkey day was good day, on my way to my GF's house I traded waves to 3 fellow WRX drivers. Im not even going to lie its actually a pretty cool feeling. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.