Hi Guys...

Question...

My car use to pull 13.4 psi with stock bpv
Now i got GFB bpv/bov set to 60in 40 out
Now my boost is showing at 18+
Is that even possible?
Just with changing out the stock bpv?

#5 ·
Just and FYI, a BOV is not able to be tuned for. Pretty much the only way to use an aftermarket BPV/BOV successfully: Upgrade to the point where the stocker is insufficient; go blow-thru setup; or switch to a speed density instead of MAF type setup.

#7 ·
Get an electrical boost gauge to see what you are ACTUALLY hitting. Never heard of AeroForce. Ultragauge and scangauge is what I've seen.

You have a buddy that has an AP,SG or UG? Did you reset your ECU after you put the CAI on?

#8 ·
The AeroForce is a scan guage,
I did have CAI but I took it off after getting schooled big time by one of the guys on the froum lolol
Now the car runs fine but just higher boost.
I know we cant tune bov;s and all but that all I changed on the car.
Im getting the stage 1 93oct Cobb AP next week so we will see.
Then Ill put the Perrin CAI back on

#19 ·
You shouldn't have a BOV unless you have a speed density set up or blow through set up, you're releasing air that the car has already metered, so its getting less than what it thinks and causes a rich condition between shifts. It's not going to destroy your motor, but its not good either. Especially on a stock car, the stock BPV is fine. If you want a upgrade get a forge BPV, better than the plastic oem one, and it won't cause that rich condition. Sorry, no pshh sound.

#9 ·
Honestly. it would be better for your car to remove you BOV as well until you can protune for it. I'm not sure if it's as bad for the new wrx's but for 02-07 wrx's it is terrible for the car to run a BOV without a tune, because the stock BPV recirculates the excess boost from the turbo, back into the intake preventing your car from running rich and accounts for the unsafe jump in boost for a factory tune, especially if you're running a factory dp which restricts your turbo when trying to pump through that air. Just stay stock, get an AP or tactrix cable and opensource tune with a turboback exhaust for stage 2. As soon as you get a protune through on all your extra parts if you would like.

#11 ·
a 60/40 BPV shouldnt hurt anything. also shouldnt mess with the boost. in fact it cant, no way, no how, ever!!

boost is all turbo, wastegate, tune and EBCS. a BOV/BPV just releases the pressure in the system when you let off the gas. thats it. you can however lose boost though if the BPV is leaking off boost. you can make your car over boost if your in high gear, to low of an rpm and going up a hill.

still wish you'd stay out of boost all together till you get the tune!! the green line is bad OEM knock. hope you ringlands like that kind of detonation.

#17 ·
Mbc?

So I'm wondering if I should get a MBC? I have a full turbo back exhaust, aftermarket turbo, aftermarket intercooler kit,aftermarket air intake, walboro 255 fuel pump, and 565cc sti pink injectors. It has the stock tune still I believe as well. Would this be a good idea?

#18 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.