Subaru WRX Forum banner

16 wrx upgrades

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  sleepertc 
#1 ·
I currently have a 16 wrx with the Cobb access port, intake and j-pipe. I'll be adding in the cat back and upgrading hhe intercooler soon. After those 2 upgrades any other common upgrades anyone can recommend? Currently im at 268 awhp. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
Im with ic3b3rg, tighten up the nut between the wheel and the seat. HP Drivers Ed goes a long way towards making you a better driver.

If you still on the stock all seasons they are great on the road but not stellar on the track. Swapping out for more aggressive summer performance compound can really unleash the car.

I also recommend following a suspension, Brakes, then power route when upgrading. Even simple things like poly suspension bushings and stainless brake lines make a hell of a difference. The 16 has much tighter factory suspension but it can do with a poly bushing/swaybar/endlink upgrade. You might also want to look into performance brake compounds if your spending time at an track where you need that extra performance.

If your looking for more options to add power after the inter cooler your getting into more aggressive tune area. To support the more agressive tunes you should consider 1 step colder plugs, then maybe swap your fuel delivery system with something capable of running E85 or you could add a methanol injection system. Both of those are really just ways to allow your tuner to be more aggressive without undue strain on the engine in the form of knock.

Speaking of aggressive tuning what company is handling your tunes at the moment? if your still on the Cobb OTS tunes there is quite a bit to be gained from working with a professional tuner or a reputable E tuner like Eric from Torqued.

hope that helps

#4 ·
I went to Mach V in staring Virginia. I did not have a stock baseline when I tuned but with the access port, intake and j-pipe I'm now at 268awhp and 294pounds of torque. My best run 0-60 on the access port is 4.86 seconds. And yes this does help. Thank you for the input.

#5 ·
FYI.....
Also remember that if a Dealer did not do your re-flash then your warranty is toast. If you take it to a Dealer for service, the first item they look at is the ECM history.

Have fun with your wheels man.

#8 ·
@gbarbur - theses no such thing as warranty toast, if there was it would probablly be great with jam.

Subaru can decide not to cover warranty repairs on an engine if they determine that you used it outside the normal use case, that is problem specific and is handled as such. Seats start falling apart and your engined heavily tuned they will handle your seat issue, throw a bearing and they are going to want to know why your running so much extra boost and they will likley not cover engine repairs. But they cannot void your warranty for any reason, the worst they can do is refuse to cover repairs due to abnormal use.

@golson what did you decide to do, and Id love to see some logs with the new intercooler : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.