14WRX's build thread! - Subaru WRX Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
14WRX's build thread!

I have some things done and wanted to share with you guys!
I got the WRX a base 2014 on 12/06/2013 from Heuberger Motors. I had some nice cars in the past and I am really looking forward to what the WRX offers in terms of being a performance car as well as a family car

The day I picked it up, I had the stock tires taken off and had them put on some A/S tires. The salesman is on the right!

It was around -15 degrees!

First Mod is a Red Perrin Radiator Shroud, that I won from my salesman Clint Earhart

Other Mods
STi Short throw shifter
Arm rest extender
Fog light kit
Moddiction Anvil Shift Knob
Red footwell illumination
Magnaflow 3" Catback exhaust
Perrin 3" Shorty Antenna
SMY Dual Cluster
AEM Digital Boost Gauge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
12/16/2013 I had the car tinted at Pro-Tek. 35% front and rear window, 20% hatch window, and 20% windshield visor.
Here are the before and after pics!

BLAZE2099 likes this.
#3 Old 01-25-2014, 09:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
On 12/16/2013 I installed a red Perrin Alternator/Pulley Cover

On 01/05/2014 I installed a Moddiction Anvil Textured dark gray weighted shift knob. It feels more solid than the stock knob weighing more than a pound. The texture has a nice feel as well. Definitely lower than the stock knob as well. Took away some of the notchy feeling but it is still chunky. Over all think it will be a great add on!

The flash makes it look lighter. It is a real nice dark gray. I will get some pics in the daylight some time.

#4 Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
01/11/2014- I installed a Perrin 3" Shorty Antenna. Some crazy reason my stock antenna was busted off and lost. Only thing I can think of is from the car wash. Either way I decided to get the perrin. I had to drill out the little bit of screw that was stuck inside the mast. Once that came out the new Perrin screwed right in! Here it is!

01/12/2014- Today a friend and I installed a 3" Magnaflow catback exhaust. The install went great! We just unbolted the stock exhaust from the cat, removed everything from the hangers, and pulled it all out in one shot. It took maybe 10 minutes. We then put the Magnaflow together, bolted it to the cat then put it in the hangers. Last we attached the tips. The 4" tips I thought might be too big, but I was really impressed with how they looked. They fill the cut outs nicely, well made, and look great.

The sound is amazing. Very deep and rumbly. It isn't loud as some people have said. You can hear it while driving but the drone is almost non existent. I got the exhaust for 400 shipped new. For the price it was well worth it! The build quality and sound quality is excellent.

On 01/21/2014 I finally reached my break-in! Went ahead and got an oil change today as well. Used Amsoil 5W30 signature series with an OEM filter.

On 01/25/2014 a good friend and I installed this AEM Digital Boost Gauge and SMY Dual Cluster. It really went smooth and was a lot easier than I worked it up to be. We just took our time and made sure everything was done right. The gauge only needed to be wired to the ACC for power and grounded. It has its own illumination dimmer sensor built in so that is something nice about it. The SMY Dual Cluster fit great and and really matches like it came from the factory.

I have the pod cover for the other side in mail and should be here monday!

BLAZE2099 likes this.
#5 Old 01-25-2014, 10:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Very nice, I'm loving this build already.
14WRX likes this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#6 Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Thanks I appreciate that!
#7 Old 02-03-2014, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

eruhland87 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14WRX View Post
Thanks I appreciate that!
Very nice build so far. Where did you get the catback for $400? I just picked up my 2014 wagon in the same color last week and would love to do some simple mods.
14WRX likes this.
#8 Old 02-03-2014, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruhland87 View Post
Very nice build so far. Where did you get the catback for $400? I just picked up my 2014 wagon in the same color last week and would love to do some simple mods.
Thanks for the comment! Congrats on your purchase! I got really lucky with the exhaust. A forum member bought it and decided to stay with his single exit exhaust. It was brand new with everything in original bubble wrapping and box.

I will get some video clips up hopefully soon. When I was doing research I hear some people saying its too loud and some say not very loud. The consistent comments are that the sedan version is louder. It has a nice deep rumble. I know you can find a good price on a used one. I can have my wife and daughter in the car and comfortably get on the gas if I want and not worry about it being too loud. You can tell its there for sure though lol.

Last edited by 14WRX; 02-04-2014 at 02:58 PM.
#9 Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
The tint really enhances the attractiveness of your (black) car!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#10 Old 02-05-2014, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Lol thanks. It's funny depending on the clouds or lighting I get comments like that's a great looking black car. I just say thanks and
#11 Old 02-06-2014, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
What are your end goals, if you've figured it out already?
#12 Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
What are your end goals, if you've figured it out already?
At this point I don't really have any set goals. For audio stuff something basic will be going in soon until I can save up for a nice NAV unit and possibly the audio integrations box and sub. Perrin strut bar and some other engine dress up. Cobb V3 Stage 1 with Cobb or AEM intake. Then possibly jump to stage 2 later on. I am just trying to do things right now that save warranty. I know the place I brought it from are mod friendly so that helps. Bad thing is they are around 4 hours away lol.
#13 Old 02-06-2014, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That's good and sucks. The 4hr deal.
Yeah, take your time. It will be hard to do, but very much worth it.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#14 Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

14WRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
That's good and sucks. The 4hr deal.
Yeah, take your time. It will be hard to do, but very much worth it.
Yeah I have some more plans to keep me modding and warranty friendly. I'm still having fun with it the way it is

This weekend I should be installing a multimedia alpine head unit and under the seat sub. I will post pics and details of the install as long as the HU comes in Saturday.
#15 Old 02-08-2014, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

DaleM is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to DaleM
Build downer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14WRX View Post
At this point I don't really have any set goals. For audio stuff something basic will be going in soon until I can save up for a nice NAV unit and possibly the audio integrations box and sub. Perrin strut bar and some other engine dress up. Cobb V3 Stage 1 with Cobb or AEM intake. Then possibly jump to stage 2 later on. I am just trying to do things right now that save warranty. I know the place I brought it from are mod friendly so that helps. Bad thing is they are around 4 hours away lol.
Man, when I read build I was expecting to see connecting rods thrown here and there, a few new injectors strewn on top of a new turbo kit, and a clutch from hell begging to be put in place!

Looks like you are pacing yourself! LOL, something tells me you have a light wallet in your future! I plan to watch your build.