'10 Kartboy Bushings - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-24-2010, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

PSD Operator is an unknown
'10 Kartboy Bushings

I have found lots of instructions for installing bushings on 06-07 models and nothng on '10's. Is there a difference?

Does anyone know where I could find some installation instructions? My bushings came in plastic bags without any installation instructions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What bushings?

-Chris
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Good question... I ordered front shifter bushings, a rear shifter bushing, and rear differential/cross-member bushings from Kartboy and they all came in plastic bags without instructions (although they did come with some pretty cool Kartboy stickers). I just searched for a write-up online about each one and followed the instructions and pictures. I don't imagine the installs would be very much different on a 2010 model than a 2002-2007...

John
07 WRX
post #4 of 6 Old 05-01-2010, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
What bushings?
Can't believe I left that important information off. Shifter bushings.

I put the front in no problem, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to get the rear in without removing the drive shaft. I played around with it for a while but finally quit. I just couldn't get the old one off no matter how I twisted and turned, so there wasn't really a way to get the new one on.

Now, this is the first time I've worked on a car in 25 years, so I need a quick question answered about lifting the car and jack stands.

I used the jack on each side of the frame and then put the jack stands near the front of the car under the frame and did one side at a time. Is there a way to jack the car up once from the front and then put the stands in together instead of one side at a time? I want to make sure what I'm doing is safe, but I don't want it to take longer to lift the car than it does to change the bushing either.

Next week, sway bars!

John
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
When I did my rear bushing I did two things that made it easy:

1.- Took the heat shield off that's over the exhaust. Hell, I didn't even take it off, I just unbolted it and rotated it until it was clear of the bushing. To take the shield off the whole way you have to remove the 02 sensor on the exhaust and that's a pain.
2.- Take the actual shifter lever out from the inside of the car and unbolt the front bushing mount. That way you can slide the whole linkage forward and the rear bushing has tons of room.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and the jacking, you can jack off of the front crossmember (right behind where the undertray stops), and lift the front end of the car off the ground all at once.

-Chris
post #6 of 6 Old 05-01-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
When I did my rear bushing I did two things that made it easy:

1.- Took the heat shield off that's over the exhaust. Hell, I didn't even take it off, I just unbolted it and rotated it until it was clear of the bushing. To take the shield off the whole way you have to remove the 02 sensor on the exhaust and that's a pain.
2.- Take the actual shifter lever out from the inside of the car and unbolt the front bushing mount. That way you can slide the whole linkage forward and the rear bushing has tons of room.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and the jacking, you can jack off of the front crossmember (right behind where the undertray stops), and lift the front end of the car off the ground all at once.
Thanks for the info regarding the lift. I'll use it on the sway bars next weekend.

I did the heat shield with mine as well, but wasn't sure how to take the inside of the car apart. I have seen some video's on youtube, but they don't have the same interior as mine and I'm afraid of breaking a piece of plastic that will cost me big $$ for some flimsy piece.

When I was playing with it, I could see that it would be easier if I could undo the inside stuff, and damn it, I should have left the front disassembled. I put the bushing in and put it back together but didn't tighten until I was done messing with the rear. Maybe leaving the front undone would have given me enough room... Maybe next weekend when i'm under there for the sway's...

Thanks,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement