09 WRX SEDAN Exhaust Loudness Scale - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

termizar is an unknown
09 WRX SEDAN Exhaust Loudness Scale

Hi all,

So i'm shopping for an exhaust for my 09 wrx sedan and i was hoping if anyone could rate the exhausts out there from quietest to loudest. I've read a lot of places that said the turbo XS is probably the loudest... is that true?

Stock, SPT, Perrin, TurboXS, Invidia N1, Magnaflow, Megan, Agency Power Ti or SS (whats the diff), ERZ....etc

I'm looking on the cheaper side so I might get either a TurboXS, Invidia N1, or ERZ. Are they not as good because they are cheaper? Also is there a difference between two pipes versus one pipe?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The 3 you are looking at are probably the louder ones out there, especially at WOT (Wide Open Throttle). At idle just a more noticable rumble. IMHO the newer cars look better with the two pipes/canister becuase then it doesnt leave one side with a cutout and nothing to fill it, thats just my .02cents tho.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 14 Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah make sure you get the exhaust for the sedan.. Maybe a one-sided pipe will fit the sedan, but it's probably made for the hatch.

-Chris
post #4 of 14 Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

PdxRex is an unknown
I just installed the SPT on my sedan about three weeks ago. I love it Nice deep rumble not too loud, no cabin drone.
Yes the TurboXs will be the loudest, I have also heard that they have resonators in them now.
What kind of sound are you looking for? Also what kind of look the exhausts mentioned above all have diferent looks.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

termizar is an unknown
I agree that two pipes look better than one. I guess I'm looking for something on the medium loud side. I wan't something that probably has more raspiness or treble to it, cause I feel as though exhausts that are too on the low end and rumbly sound really cheap. My budget is anything up to 800 dollars. Does anyone know if the Megan or Agency ones are louder than SPT?
post #6 of 14 Old 03-10-2010, 04:44 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
perrin twin tip is what you want

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #7 of 14 Old 03-10-2010, 05:08 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Perrin doesnt make a twin tip for the 08+ sedans, at least not that I have seen.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 14 Old 03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

1mpulse is more helpful than not
Youre going to have to wait a couple more months for Turbo XS to produce more. I tried hunting down a few from actual distributors and they said the factory is out of stock for a few more months. That being said I got myself custom piping upped to 3'' after the spring bolts and it tapers to a 2 1/2'' in a Y to my two LXG mufflers. The Sound is amazing, its nice and deep and it doesnt really howl unless i go FOT on it, cruising however i sound like a F150 lol. The custom piping and dual exhausts costed me $550 so I guess i made out cheaper than having bought the whole system and having to put it on myself.

Driver: Jayme
Car: Rinoa
"Eat Rice, don't drive it"
post #9 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

emjayem is an unknown
so spt is likely quietest? i am looking for quiet
post #10 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

soup_notzee is an unknown
spt is the quietist that i have researched. i just bought my perrin turboback yesterday.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 12:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1398 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Perrin doesnt make a twin tip for the 08+ sedans, at least not that I have seen.
Perrin does make a dual exhaust tip for the 08+ just bought mine and installed it on wensday. I bought mine for 850 shipped so maybe you can get an extra 50 bucks in the budget? It has a very low rumble but is pretty quite at iddle however when i step on the throttle it is pretty loud. I woke my parents up two nights in a row with it so maybe you should look for something quiter? I love the way it sounds though and cant wait to install the downpipe to make it louder!!!!

ordered it from www.drivelinstore.com
search perrin exhaust psp-ext-335 for the 08+ sedan

Hope that helped alittle
post #12 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1398 View Post
Perrin does make a dual exhaust tip for the 08+ just bought mine and installed it on wensday. I bought mine for 850 shipped so maybe you can get an extra 50 bucks in the budget? It has a very low rumble but is pretty quite at iddle however when i step on the throttle it is pretty loud. I woke my parents up two nights in a row with it so maybe you should look for something quiter? I love the way it sounds though and cant wait to install the downpipe to make it louder!!!!

ordered it from www.drivelinstore.com
search perrin exhaust psp-ext-335 for the 08+ sedan

Hope that helped alittle
Wow, you woke them up with just the cat-back?! I got the SPT cat back and it's nice, but it does indeed sound GREAT once you put a downpipe on. It's pretty much a normal rumble to me with just the cat-back, but sounds a bit more beefy when you're steppin' on it. I really like it and it's good performance up to just over 300whp I believe... Cant remember the link, but I did look at one where it posted where the performance suffered from the 2.5" diameter of the SPT on the 08+ models. Also, I believe that Boost Addict had one earlier in the build he's been doing, but then replaced it since that thing is no longer a daily driver, lol.

Joe

Only use roads to get to the dirt; Then keep it sideways! >;D
post #13 of 14 Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Abismo is an unknown
Wish I had known about that driveline store.... dammit.

Everywhere that had it for under 900 was sold out. So I just ordered the ERZ sedan one. We shall see how I like it.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1398 is an unknown
So just installed the perrin downpipe today and it seems the exhaust is the same on the loudness scale until you put your foot in it then its a whole other beast haha. I dont know if you have already decided on an exhaust but that my info

Ya Abismo it took me like a week of searching eberyday to find that deal, sorry i ddint post earlier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement