09 WRX The Quest for Sti Performance - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

chris02 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
I just don't get why you nickel and dimed over stuff like interest rate jacking up the price of your car, or not wanting to spend the extra cash for the STi when you're going to spend it in aftermarket pars and put it on a credit card/pay cash for it anyways. All I'm sayin.

Yes if you buy a new WRX or a new STi and add the same parts to it you're obviously spending more with the STi, but add in the fact that you're adding a lot STi parts to your car that you could have had from day one and you're not really any better off cash wise. I'd rather have the parts financed and part of my payment than have to save up and get them. I guess I just don't get your logic on how the WRX is a better buy in your case.

All that aside, have fun with the build and I look forward to seeing the end results.
your actually saving way more money then nickel and dimes its adds up to some major cash.... you should take some economics classes or something...then take what you learn to save money and make money just like my dad he doesnt have a hole lot of money but he knows how to make more money w/ then money he has and thats why people think im rich some times but really its all amout how you spend save and waste your cash... and im not getting sti parts their all being upgraded way over the sti specs for ex. the breaks are gonna be the best 6 piston break w/ the rotors and everything!! same goes for the dccd controller and suspension parts the only thing that will be sti spec is the rims not even the gears or syncros in that tranny will be sti spec just the actually tranny because you can upgrade the gears on a wrx like an sti and if you do it cost way more either that or you guys gets some major discounts cause the cheapest gears are like 8 grand just for the gears!! and i just rather have an sti tranny but thanks for reading anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Looks like you've thought this through, good luck.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#33 Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris02 View Post
How ppg official websites states that there only good up to four....and the other really good gears the strongest ones made for the wrx (group N) are selling for 8 grand on rallispec and thats already over your quoted price plus the install!!
Did I mention either of those two companies?? PAR GEARSET and Im sorry I got my numbers mixed up, as I have been researching, calling and talking about this build with several people for over a year now. Its 650BHP, more than enough for me, but the shop that makes these gears are actually using the same ones Im getting in a WRX that has over 550 WTQ, more than I plan on having or ever achieving. Just so you see there are other companies out there:Par-Engineering - Gearsets (Subaru)

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#34 Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

rety1-1 is an unknown
lol quite a bit of hate being thrown around in here or atleast thats how it sounds to me.. (save the hate for youtube nubes lol) :/
i dont really get the point of getting a wrx then upgrading to just over sti spec but whatever not my car.. not my money to spend.. go ahead and stimulate the hell out of the economy cause i sure cant afford to do it lmao..
- just wondering how much do you think you have saved so far by buying wrx over sti then going with semi-sti spec parts?..

wooot!!
new car!
'87 toyota supra turbo ;P
#35 Old 02-04-2010, 09:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
you should take some economics classes or something...
Really? You want to go there? So now I'm uneducated (damn that bachelor degree in science failed me)

Oh and so you know when I say "nickel and diming" on stuff like interest on a loan compared to 5k on a transmission I don't mean it literally is only a few pennies. Maybe you should take lessons on common phrases and how to use the English language.

-Chris
#36 Old 02-04-2010, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

chris02 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Did I mention either of those two companies?? PAR GEARSET and Im sorry I got my numbers mixed up, as I have been researching, calling and talking about this build with several people for over a year now. Its 650BHP, more than enough for me, but the shop that makes these gears are actually using the same ones Im getting in a WRX that has over 550 WTQ, more than I plan on having or ever achieving. Just so you see there are other companies out there:Par-Engineering - Gearsets (Subaru)
Wow nice somebody finally shares the info... cool man i didn't even know that company existed if their that good and that price i just might go that route and get lsd separate along w/ a dccd controller thanks alot.
#37 Old 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Thats about the 5th time I have posted that info as I said I have been on a quest to round out my car. My lsd is the mfactory brand, costing I think $650. This will all happen late spring/early summer while Im in Iraq, by the guys at BenchMark Tuning out of Chicago.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#38 Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Hey new weren't you looking at another brand of gears too? I've been looking online and can't seem to remember. I can't even give a clue to what brand they are but they're another alternative to PPGs and have some sets rated to 6 or 800 hp

-Chris
#39 Old 02-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Of the gears I have researched and talked to people about there are: PPGs, DS1's and the Par Gearsets. I have decided on the Pars, just need to get my tax return so I can order them. The company actually has a set put aside for me

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#40 Old 02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

chris02 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Really? You want to go there? So now I'm uneducated (damn that bachelor degree in science failed me) because I can actually see through the STi blinders, that you're not giving good descriptions in any of your posts, they're organized for crap, and are one big run on sentence with no caps and random red font. I officially am unsubscribed to anything you have to say on these forums as you have made a horrible impression.

Oh and so you know when I say "nickel and diming" on stuff like interest on a loan compared to 5k on a transmission I don't mean it literally is only a few pennies. Maybe you should take lessons on common phrases and how to use the English language.
didn't say you were uneducated its just if you understand economics you would get my point exactly!!Yeah well sorry i dont give good descriptions and sorry i dont organize them and i just speak my mind and whatever comes out comes out...pshhh am i suppose to write a rough draft for a forum because i got better things to do im sorry i am busy doing other things and trying to do this at the same time. Oh well a run on sentence big deal when in doubt put a period how hard is that come on they teach us that in third maybe first idk...anyways next time all proof read and try to make thing make sense for you haha. Im doing this on my little spare time and at times im doing this on a stupid palm pre sorry its not perfect and it wont be im not trying to perfect my writing skills just trying to let people know what options are out there and what the can do w/ their cars and hopefully people like newtothegame teach me things they know so i could save my cash.... out of everybody here talking crap hes the only one that gave me a better solution to what i was gonna do and not a crappy one like getting ppg gears that i know wont hold to my power i wont to get.
#41 Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

DS1's that's what they were. I thought they started with a "D."

And Chris, dude lets just drop it. I see your point with the economics of you're choice in the WRX, I just don't think... Well it doesn't matter what I think so best of luck to you and your build.

-Chris
#42 Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
didn't say you were uneducated its just if you understand economics you would get my point exactly!!Yeah well sorry i dont give good descriptions and sorry i dont organize them and i just speak my mind and whatever comes out comes out...pshhh am i suppose to write a rough draft for a forum because i got better things to do im sorry i am busy doing other things and trying to do this at the same time. Oh well a run on sentence big deal when in doubt put a period how hard is that come on they teach us that in third maybe first idk...anyways next time all proof read and try to make thing make sense for you haha. Im doing this on my little spare time and at times im doing this on a stupid palm pre sorry its not perfect and it wont be im not trying to perfect my writing skills just trying to let people know what options are out there and what the can do w/ their cars and hopefully people like newtothegame teach me things they know so i could save my cash.... out of everybody here talking crap hes the only one that gave me a better solution to what i was gonna do and not a crappy one like getting ppg gears that i know wont hold to my power i wont to get.
You really need to put more effort into your writing. Your post takes five times longer to read than it should. When in doubt, read your words out loud. If it sounds like a schizophrenic rant you probably have some punctuation or sentence structure issues. I'm usually not the type of person to point out spelling, grammar, or sentence structure problems, but at a certain point your message becomes lost in a jumble of seemingly random thoughts.

Also, Chris(Rcrs) is right, it is time to drop the argument. Clearly we don't all agree with your course of action, but what we can all agree on is that you have a badass car and you are trying to improve it. That is something we can all get behind.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#43 Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
...if one is planning to upgrade (most) parts beyond the highest oem production specs (re: STi specs) on a daily driver, why would one buy the most expensive model (re: STi chassis/body) to do it with?

I am of the opinion that buying a WRX versus an STi results in:

1) lower financing costs (and/or cash outlay)

2) lower insurance costs (all other variables being equal)

I will admit that my reasoning is based on the assumption that one is budget conscious, and also that one would rather save (and wait a bit to add parts) than incur finance charges (on parts purchases).

The time value of money is certainly a variable that is different for each of us here, which I believe is why we will all have different opinions of what the best course of action might be.

chris02 - no you don't need to write a rough draft, but please consider hitting the ENTER button every few sentences or so. I can tell you put a lot of thought into what you do, please keep up the great work!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#44 Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Redrunner is an unknown
Ya know, I have people tell me all the time that im wasting my money when I buy anything for my car. To me its not about money, otherwise I wouldnt have upgraded anythhing at all. I get alot of excitment and joy out of seeing my car transform into something better, regardless of where it started from. Please consider that before you ask the question "why didnt you just get an sti?".

The stock sti is simply a benchmark and performance goal for some of us. I compare my car to STI's all the time. And when I finally get to that point where my 4door wrx performse just as well or better than a stock sti of the same year, reguardless of cost, I will have the satisfactions and saying "I made that".

Chris im with ya and am enjoying reading your thead. Looking forward to what you have in store for your car.