Subaru WRX Forum banner

09 Turbo ?

4K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
I recently got my first Rex, everytime I get in it I have a blast. So my question is I have had it for two weeks now, I am noticing not as must boost as I had in the past, yes kicks in around 3.5k and I can hear the turbo kick in, but it feels like I am not gettin the full amount of boost????

#7 ·
I am not sure exactly sure how the car should have been drivin in the breakin period? Yes I only use 91, (cant find anything higher except sometimes at the track I can get some), no to a boost gauge but looking for one, and dumdum, I agree my butt dyno is that accurate but cheap.
No how big will weather play a part in my turbo. I live in OPregon so some day well lately have been 90+ with about 40% humidity.

#8 ·
My car was tuned on a cold rainy day, here in WA, the car was set for 20 PSI. The week following my tune I was hitting 22PSI when it was cold and wet out. Now that it has warmed up Im hitting my peak boost of 20 PSI. I know the weather does matter, to what affect I honestly cant be for certain.

#24 ·
It's simple physics. Cold air is denser. Unless you add in more wastegate duty cycle as heat increases then you will see less boost. Honestly if your running pump gas you want boost to go down as heat increases. Chance for knock would be very high. Its easier to understand if you actually look at the ECU maps.

#18 ·
Does the crappy intakes also included on the 09?

I pick mine up in a couple weeks now- can't wait. Think the SPT intake would be just as bad as the stock if it is still a problem on the 09s? Would have to wonder if the SPT was worth the cost over a third party at the expense of possible warranty issues.

#22 ·
Yes, I have heard the same thing, SPT as of now has nothing for the 09, they say the 09's dont need it ( I beg to differ though). Wich puts me and I am sure some others in a situatio that we either tune the car and get after market parts to do what we want (a better performing car) or keep it stock and have a warrenty. I wish subaru would acknowledge some company's out there to not void the warrenty.

#23 ·
yea i hear you there...i'm torn because i'm a car junkie and i want more power....but i dont want to go over the top and put myself in a situation where i really #### up my car and void a warranty...then i have a huge bill i have to pay myself. shitty situation indeed.

#25 ·
Dumdum, I understand the simple basics of it. Just not a percent or how in depth to explain it well. I was just giving an example of how the air does affect my car. But thank you for the clarification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.