08 WRX Sedan Installs and Tune - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Rfed is an unknown
08 WRX Sedan Installs and Tune

It took some time to come together but finally completed. Went with AVO 380, need to thank Paul Hansen at AVO. He was waiting for a shipment which might not arrive in time for my install. He allowed me to purchase From Chris and Neil At Cobb(thanks).

Precision Tuning in NJ installed AVO 380 Turbo, Perrin TMIC and inlet hose, Deatshwerks 750cc injectors, AVO fuel pump and GM Boost Solenoid.

After fighting with some of the installs it was tuned and I was very happy with the results.
Don't have the Dyno Sheet to post yet, I ran out quick and asked them to Email it to me.
HP was 335 don't recall torque. Turbo pulls right up to red line lag is non existant.

Will post Dynosheet when I get it.

Previously installed - Perrin Turbo Back Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Front and Rear Sway Bars and End Links, BC Coilovers, Brisk Racing Plugs.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rfed; 06-05-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-05-2009, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Why is it uncorrected?

You may have that at the crank, but that's a HUGE gain if it's at the wheels.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#3 Old 06-06-2009, 02:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

Rfed is an unknown
Yes at wheels. Uncorrected just means not factoring in atmospheric conditions. It was a warm humid day, so readings are probably lower than than if corrected.
#4 Old 06-08-2009, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wutangjn12 is an unknown
pretty nice gains man. is there any more head room with the turbo or is it maxed out. i have a 08 wrx as well and am going to be looking for a turbo upgrade hopefully in the near future
#5 Old 06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
Dang that's pretty nice man. Good amount of mods as well, I like your suspension setup the most. It seems like it would be a blast to drive.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#6 Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rfed is an unknown
There is more, its my daily driver so the tuner did not go to aggressive with boost. We did not go any higher but I am sure 22 psi would yield more.
It is a completely different car to drive. The coilovers are a must and the BCs are a great deal for the buck
#7 Old 06-09-2009, 01:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wutangjn12 is an unknown
does the avo380 have the lgt housing i believe its called? is it a direct bolt on?
#8 Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
yeah the AVO 380 has the LGT housing and is a direct bolt on to all 08+ WRX's and LGT's

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#9 Old 06-12-2009, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wutangjn12 is an unknown
how much did you pay for the turbo? on rallitek (AVO 380 Ball Bearing Turbo Legacy / WRX) its 1800+, thats the first page i pulled up on it tho, and also, would u happen to know what kind of numbers the car can make on an aggressive tune. and also other turbos that fit the lgt housing? thanks
#10 Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The AVOs are named/numbered after their HP the can accomplish pretty much. My tune shop had an AVO 380 hit 381.2 HP on an 03. And good luck finding them cheaper than the price posted above, unless of course its used. Its a twinscroll turbo if I remember correctly.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"