08 rex almost always overfills at gas station - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Modena1230 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to Modena1230
ratfink I dont think you can simply flash to run E85. The higher ethenol content can damage the fuel dilevery system. I just want you to be aware. Here is something I found from
Growth Energy Market Development

IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONVERT A VEHICLE THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR GASOLINE TO OPERATE ON E85?

Yes. However, the only kit holds EPA certification is by FlexFuel U.S. You can find more information on this kit at HOME - Flex Fuel US. Technically speaking, converting a vehicle that was designed to operate on unleaded gasoline only to operate on another form of fuel that does not use the FlexFuel U.S. kit is a violation of the federal law and the offender may be subject to significant penalties.

The differences in fuel injector size, air-fuel ratio, PCM calibrations, material composition of the fuel lines, pumps and tanks are just a few of the components that contribute to making an E85 conversion extremely complex.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
your wrong, research it.

nearly all modern fuel system are uneffected by ethenol. it does require different pressures and timing. most vehicles require at least a higher flowing pump if not injectors as well. the 08 has a tiny turbo therefore no hardeware upgrades are required.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin