WRX with some MOD's - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

daddysfastcar is an unknown
WRX with some MOD's

Hi all I just purchased my dream car which happens to be an 04 WRX. It has had some things done to it already and after driving it for the 3 weeks that I have had it, it seems to me that there might be a few things that I need to change and or upgrade. The car has 60K on it now and the motor has only 11K on it as the original owner blew it up. (did not know what he was doing.)
As I was looking t it this morning I noticed that its sticker on the front of the motor says EJ257
I am just getting into turbo cars but I have been around fast toys all my life. I am in Montana and I will be looking for a tuner in the area. I will be searching and looking for some answers to some questions about tuning my car.
Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
For starters, I would guess that the previous owner was not checking the oil religiously...

Welcome to the site! Please share your ideas with us. There is a lot of useful, friendly advice to be had amongst our group. Don't be shy!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#3 Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

daddysfastcar is an unknown
I was talking to the guy that I purchased the car from and he said that the original owner used the Apexi boost controller and cranked it up and that is what blew the motor.
Thanks for the welcome I have been doing a lot of reading here on the site and everybody seems to great to get info from.
Does anyone know of any tuning shops in Montana or in the Spokane area since I go there often.
Thanks
#4 Old 09-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Any updates on the tune? I tried emailing you. Curious to hear how she runs and if you were happy with your results from Ron.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!