Wiring Help!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-21-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Wiring Help!!

Hello, I am a WRX newbie and just bought an 07 WRX. I used to build SR20's and N/A Honda's, but the WRX is a whole new experience for me.

I am having trouble with an electronic boost gauge by Defi (52mm Blue Racer series). I T-connected the boost sensor with the FPR vacuum line and into the gauge, which seems fine as the gauge reads 12-13 psi (stock) under WOT.

However, I have an ATI triple gauge pod to replace the clock and so I decided to wire the gauge into the clock wires. I had to cut them to do so, and now I have a working boost gauge but the radio and interior dome light won't come on! I wired it as follows:
Defi red wire to car's red/white stripe
Defi orange wire to car's yellow/blue wire
Defi black to car's black

Where does the defi white wire go?? Does this have something to do with the radio not working? Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I am new to this wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
when you cut the clock plug off, did you cut all the wires at the same time? if so you just blew a fuse

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #3 of 4 Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Thanks Nagy, I now feel like an ass. I checked what I thought were all relevant fuses before I posted that but went back again and realized I missed one.

Yea, I did cut all the clock wires- is there any way to get the airbag light off without re-attaching them??
post #4 of 4 Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
your welcome, they only reson i know that is I did the same thing !Laugh! (hopefully that makes you fell like less of an ass) to get the airbag light off you just disconnect the negitive battery cable and step on the brakes until your odometer disappears

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing