Thinking about WRX.... Few Questions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-26-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WhiteStang01 is an unknown
Thinking about WRX.... Few Questions

I'm thinking about getting a 2002 WRX with 39k miles. As you see my name I'm a mustang owner but I wanna give rid of it because I need to invest so much money (5k)in order to make 350hp and the car is a coupe and i need more space My questions are these, is it expensive to mod these type of cars?
The WRX im looking at is an automatic(my wife needs to drive it to), are these transmissions reliable? What are the potentials of these cars and how much to get these gains??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang01 View Post
I'm thinking about getting a 2002 WRX with 39k miles. As you see my name I'm a mustang owner but I wanna give rid of it because I need to invest so much money (5k)in order to make 350hp and the car is a coupe and i need more space My questions are these, is it expensive to mod these type of cars?
The WRX im looking at is an automatic(my wife needs to drive it to), are these transmissions reliable? What are the potentials of these cars and how much to get these gains??
You will be very happy with the car regardless of what you actually do to it. To start off with, the tranny on the automatics are more reliable, that dont take as much stress as a standard when someone clutch drops at 6k RPms. It can be inexpensive to mod them, especially if you dont mind buying used parts. The potential for the car is about as good as your pockets are deep honestly. There is a video on here of a guy making 798.8 WHP. Way too much if you ask me. Search around the forums and read what has and can be done, there is alot of info here that will answer just about any question you have.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

WhiteStang01 is an unknown
Thanks for your response, its just with a family and my style Mustang (4.6l SOHC) to make any good power is so expensive. I cant wait till I get my WRX
post #4 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang01 View Post
Thanks for your response, its just with a family and my style Mustang (4.6l SOHC) to make any good power is so expensive. I cant wait till I get my WRX
Not a problem, that is what we are here for. I kind of know what you mean about the family thing. I dont have a child with my new wife, but that is why I purchased my WRX over the 06 Mustang, well the fact it had four doors and AWD. If you have any other thoughts or questions search and feel free to ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement