5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-26-2013, 01:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Thumbs up SUBEAST is back! Haha

Not necessarily a new member per say... I had been lurking these forums since I was a senior in high school in 2008... Not sure if any of the long-time members will remember me, I had planned on buying a bugeye coming out of highschool but it didn't end up that way...

I ended up getting a Jetta VR6, started building it, bent a valve, traded that for my Civic hatch which has gone through more makeovers and uses than I can think of right now. I've recently for the past two years started building my civic into a road-race project car and never looked back. It's been the best experience I could have had. Learning proper car control out on a sanctioned track has been the most fun I have ever had. It's had several different engines in it from when I bought it, but I started my road racing journey with a 1.8L non-vtec swap, progressed with my custom turbo kit for the next couple events and then scraped that motor for a 1.6L n/a vtec, and then now i've put my turbo setup onto that motor as well.. needless to say it's a pretty fun and raw little car.

msk0I

1380842_10151898473332439_997622887_n

This is her current state, more of a street-friendly setup for now.

1480496_10152011544827439_1565772885_n

Oh and this is my current daily driver - 1990 Toyota pickup with DJM control arms and 5inch blocks out back.. I use my daily to get that "stanced" look out of my system

1012224_409355989184539_961697609_n

Well anyway to get more to my point here - I've finally joined the ranks and purchased my very own Subaru... I've worked my ass off working two jobs, 70hrs a week to put myself in the position to buy a car like this, I think I deserve it and I will take very good care of my new baby!!!

She's a 2006 STi with 106k miles, clean carfax with one previous owner.. The only "mods" done to it are a Cusco front strut bar and a Tomei turbo inlet. I hope to gain some more knowledge about these cars that i've most likely forgotten from my research years ago, so i'll see you guys around!

Anyway here's a couple pics! And yes, my first time pulling up to the pump I pulled up on the wrong side Haha.

1450920_10152021722922439_622977418_n

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Sweet sti ! I still have to think about it when I pull up to the pump. My first vehicle was a 91' Toyota truck just like that but red. I slammed it, threw some 18's on there and cut the inner fenders out for clearance. Loved that thing! Anyway, welcome back.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#3 Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Welcome back man. Nice thread and STi 👍

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#4 Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I remember that you had a fooler cooler in your VW. Lol. Nice STI and you do know that the gas gauge on the dash of every vehicle has a "< or >" and the arrow tells you which side the fill up is on modern cars. You know the routine...research and no BOV.
arewmors likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae

Last edited by turmic; 11-26-2013 at 09:49 AM.
#5 Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I've seen some old threads with ya. I've been here a few years.

Welcome back
Only a few of you old members remain... All good guys though.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#6 Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Has the 105k mile service been taken care of? Just thought I would throw that out there, it's kind of important.

105,000 Mile Service
-Replace Timing belt
-Replace water pump & water pump gasket
-Replace thermostat & thermostat gasket
-Flush coolant & inspect cooling system. Global coolant w/ 1 bottle of Red Line Water Wetter or Motul MoCool
-Crank Seal
-A/C & P/S Belts
-Cam Seals
-Timing belt tensioner

Maybe a few other things I'm missing in there, but you get the point.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#7 Old 11-26-2013, 10:38 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
You always were very honest and when we (legitimately) gave you crap for your craziness you took it very well. I commend you for that. Welcome back! Been too long

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#8 Old 11-26-2013, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Here's a little tip: look at the fuel gauge on your dash board. Every modern gasoline powered vehicle should have a tiny little arrow (or something of the sort) indicating which side the fuel door is on. The next time you're driving a vehicle that's not yours or not familiar to you, you can pull up to the pump confidently and amaze your friends and/or family with your newfound knowledge.

You're welcome

John
07 WRX
#9 Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
John I already said that...fol

Kirt
#10 Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
pzr2874 and turmic like this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#11 Old 11-26-2013, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
You know I don't read any of your posts!

Or maybe I should stop skimming through them when I'm tired
turmic likes this.

John
07 WRX
#12 Old 11-27-2013, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I remember that you had a fooler cooler in your VW. Lol. Nice STI and you do know that the gas gauge on the dash of every vehicle has a "< or >" and the arrow tells you which side the fill up is on modern cars. You know the routine...research and no BOV.
haha yes sir, no bov in my plans..
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
Has the 105k mile service been taken care of? Just thought I would throw that out there, it's kind of important.

105,000 Mile Service
-Replace Timing belt
-Replace water pump & water pump gasket
-Replace thermostat & thermostat gasket
-Flush coolant & inspect cooling system. Global coolant w/ 1 bottle of Red Line Water Wetter or Motul MoCool
-Crank Seal
-A/C & P/S Belts
-Cam Seals
-Timing belt tensioner

Maybe a few other things I'm missing in there, but you get the point.
The car was one owner with some dealer records, i'll have to skim through to see what has been serviced... I'm thinking that stuff has not been changed yet, so i'll be adding those things to a list of to-buy stuff!! Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
You always were very honest and when we (legitimately) gave you crap for your craziness you took it very well. I commend you for that. Welcome back! Been too long
Hahaha, sorry if I caused you too many facepalm moments in my younger days mosc! I was just a kid in high school with too much time on my hands and no real world knowledge... After spending all this time building my Civic, having had several different engines, some all motor and some turbo setups, one of which I tuned myself, I believe I have gained some worthwhile real-world experience and automotive knowledge.. Good to see you're still on here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Here's a little tip: look at the fuel gauge on your dash board. Every modern gasoline powered vehicle should have a tiny little arrow (or something of the sort) indicating which side the fuel door is on. The next time you're driving a vehicle that's not yours or not familiar to you, you can pull up to the pump confidently and amaze your friends and/or family with your newfound knowledge.

You're welcome
Haha thanks guys I had no idea about that...

Thanks for the welcomes guys

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#13 Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
I don't really have many mods planned for this car other than a few basic bolt-ons. I'm going to keep building my Civic to beat to hell as my dedicated track car. I figure I'll be more than happy when I get to a stage 2 power level.

Yesterday I put on a cat-back exhaust, I happen to work at a muffler shop so I custom made a 3inch system with a nice muffler, it ended up perfectly.. Enough sound to give me that rumble but not too loud to get annoying. While I was under the car I took the opportunity to check out the undercarriage and suspension related components. I realized that I think my car already has lowering springs on it. I was looking at the springs and I saw some sort of logo on it, and it was labeled "rear" for the rears. I haven't even taken a wheel off the thing yet, so i'll have to check that out when I do. And another thing I noticed was that the brace/bracket for the OEM downpipe was missing it's bolt, possibly indicating that the previous owner had an aftermarket downpipe on it... I was hoping I had gotten a car that was minimally abused. But the shift light was set to 3,000rpm for daily driving when I got it, so maybe that's a good sign?!?!?! Haha...

Anyways, I think that's all for now, thanks again guys and good to be back

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#14 Old 11-27-2013, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Old habits die hard I see. Still multi-posting after all these years. FOL

Kirt
#15 Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
LOL, sowry

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi