Sir Afro's '02 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sir Afro is an unknown
Sir Afro's '02 WRX

Hi. I'm finally new to Subaru and the wrx, always had a love of the car's looks and performance. Speaking of performance, I'm also totally new to forces induction. My previous car was a 93 golf III GL with a massive ~ 70 Hp, so the jump to the wrx has been very fun!
Bought a used 02 with a few mods. Still trying to figure them out. The previous owner only knew of a few that we're on there. She was the second owner. I can see that it has some type of aftermarket exhaust (still researching brand and model), Greddy Bov(I know how you all feel about bov's after doing a round of searching, unfortunately the owner did not have any stock parts), front and back strut bars, maybe an aftermarket TIMIC, Guages(boost, oil press. and exhaust temp). It has had a tune of some sort because the car seems to drive and idle fine(according to feel and researching this forum).

Thanks for all the help you've already provided! Im not really looking to get heavily into mods. Its fun where it is right now! Hopefully you won't mind some of my noobish questions as I try and figure this new species of car out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-25-2013, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Welcome aboard the WRX train. We encourage all persons to ask questions, it's the best way to learn. We have several people on here with knowledge to help you with what ever task might be at hand.

70hp is a lot, my stock 1991 Ford Fesitva had 53hp, maybe less...lol

I'd recommend trying to locate a stock BPV to replace the Greddy unit as those tend to leak and need readjustment over time. If you can post up pictures of the engine bay, exhaust and the car and we can help you figure out what all is on the car.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Welcome!!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#4 Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome... Pics are always nice... Engine bay too

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3