redlineing at rev ok or not ok - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

superman 44 is an unknown
redlineing at rev ok or not ok

i just got a wrx and my friend knows alot about cars and when he reved it up it went to the redline and he said that the rev limiter was taken off cause he could do that now was that a good thing or bad thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-29-2007, 09:08 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
it's 'OK' but you'd never want to do it. Your car is faster if you shift at 6500RPM out of first and second. The engine is past it's peak power at 7000rpm. Also, it'll be harder on the tranny to go into the next gear at the higher RPM.

And FYI your rev limiter is past redline. it's around 7500rpm. Hitting the rev limiter is bad. That's well past your actual power band let alone risking damage. If he really doesn't have a rev limiter, he's just a moron.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 08-05-2007, 09:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jamo06TR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Jamo06TR
Slap your retarded friend in the face with a fish. You dont want to do that ever, especially if its in neutral just revving mindlessly. Ask him if you can drive his car and do the same thing but keep doing it until a valve jumps through the firewall and hits him in the nuts. Thats rude of him, dont let him drive it ever again.

jamopwnsu
#4 Old 08-05-2007, 12:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo06TR View Post
Slap your retarded friend in the face with a fish. You dont want to do that ever, especially if its in neutral just revving mindlessly. Ask him if you can drive his car and do the same thing but keep doing it until a valve jumps through the firewall and hits him in the nuts. Thats rude of him, dont let him drive it ever again.
LMAO! "until a valve jumps through the firewall and hits him in the nuts"
try explaining that one to your doctor!
#5 Old 08-05-2007, 11:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx3r is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman 44 View Post
i just got a wrx and my friend knows alot about cars and when he reved it up it went to the redline and he said that the rev limiter was taken off cause he could do that now was that a good thing or bad thing
you sure he knows alot about cars?

bigger and better than ever
#6 Old 08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
When you "REV" an engine you are creating a lot of "Load" that can't go anywhere. Under normal driving when the engine hits high RPMs the load and energy is transferred through the drive train so it's not bad, but when your stationary or coasting and rev the engine to the limit the load or energy is not transferred out of the engine so the internals must absorb it.. It's NOT good on the motor and I strongly suggest you don't do it again..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#7 Old 08-06-2007, 06:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
its one thing to sit there peggin the damn thing off the limiter. thats bad. but to accidentally hit the limiter briefly is not a big deal.
#8 Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

thanks guys ya i dont rev it up like that i kinda thought it wasnt good but thanks for the advise i have another question i want to put a down pipe in but it take out the cats is that good or what should i do
#9 Old 08-07-2007, 02:35 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Depends on if you can get away with it for emissions in your area.. You don't have to worry about boost creep like the 07s.. Also swap out that Up-Pipe while your at it.. It's easier to do both at once....

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#10 Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bob04STi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Bob04STi
Revving it up = Bad.. I also suggest to not do it again.
#11 Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

about how much hp would it add doing both the up pipe and the down pipe but would i have to get my car tuned again
#12 Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
you dont HAVE to re-tune. and with just the modded pipes it wouldn't be worth the money unless you are doing it yourself. i would wait until you have the engine management to go along with it, then its worth the pro tune.

as far as you pipe specific questions, they have all been answered, many times before. you would be doing yourself a favor and getting quicker answers if you did a little searching.
#13 Old 08-08-2007, 07:45 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
If You Have An 06 Or Above No Need To Replace Up Pipe Theyare Catless. And Your Straight To Do The Downpipe It Will Run Alot Better With A Tune Or Some Type Of Em.
#14 Old 08-08-2007, 09:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
i just got my car tuned with nemosis and its stage 2 and its amazing. Next i will be getting some more go fast parts and getting a custom tune with the same program. I dont need cobb or anything i ll just pay 175 for a custom tune and be on my way. This guy tunes my car said he has everything on his laptop and its like cobb but it just doesnt feature one thing and he said its not worth paying 700 for a stage 2 tune when you can pay 75 and get it done with me and you will always be running stage 2. I said do it up and no more boost creep for me. But seems like when it was stock i found races all the time and now i got stage 2 i cant find anyone to race. lol
#15 Old 08-08-2007, 10:05 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
the only thing about ap is the features such as all gauges in one system the ability to store more than one map. econ for ex. it just make em faster and easier rather than getting tunded all the time but awesome glad your happy man