Recently bought 03 wrx (56k beware) - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 08-04-2008, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
Recently bought 03 wrx (56k beware)

I've been looking for a used subaru for about a month now, and picked this one up for 10,900 I believe last week? Its an 03, with 88k miles, I know I know, but hey, its fairly nice and doesn't have too many mods. From what I know it has Injen cold air intake, APS down pipe, Some sort of exhaust?? Rota rims, Agency power blow off, Greddy turbo timer, Tien lowering springs, Green? and an after market steering wheel. It has a few dents and dings and chips in the paint, the most noticeable is the right front of the hood. Here are some pics, Let me know what you guys think about it, and what you guys think i need to do to it as necessity and as performance wise. thankss =]

Just lots of pictures trying to get every aspect of the car. =]

whoaa pic over load. =] let me know what you guys think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 08-05-2008, 01:11 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Looks like a decnet car. Some of the mods would worry me some. But welcome to the club.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 29 Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wow, leather....you don't see that everyday ! Welcome to the the site. Get her tuned, unless you now what the PO is running for maps.
post #4 of 29 Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
I don't really know what the PO was running for maps, but i'm not sure if I have other mods that I want to do, and If I do i want to do that before I get a protune. I'm thinking 16g turbo, 550cc injectors, Fuel pump, and STI TMIC, what do you guys think?
post #5 of 29 Old 08-06-2008, 01:34 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Not a bad thought parts wise. I would look into the EVO III 16G and at least 650cc injectors and possibly a bigger TMIC than the STI, thats just me though.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #6 of 29 Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
Okay thanks Newtothegame, Where do you figure i could find a evo3 16g turbo used, Think that would run right about 300? And whats the common fuel pump out there, I think Walbro makes a decent one?
post #7 of 29 Old 08-06-2008, 03:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Shout out to La Habra! I'm right around the corner, bud. I live off of Stearns.. Walbro is the one for fuel delivery. Check craigslist, and check the classified sections here for 16g. A lot of guys will put there cars back to stock for sale and cluck the parts off. I have seen em as low as $350.00 on CL. I want to try and get a few guys together at Giovanni's soon, maybe once or twice a month. I'll hit you up! Welcome! Cheers!

Nice leather man! Jealousy.

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
post #8 of 29 Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
Theres some evo3s on ebay for as low as 250, but i'm just not sure if they're direct bolt ons or what, haha really confusing deal here =D I'm kind of new at all this, but just trying to find a good set up with reasonable power and a decent DD, i'm sure you guys can follow me there =]
post #9 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 01:22 AM

I honestly would stay away from ebay for stuff like that. Like mentioned above check out classifieds here, NASIOC, and craigs list. It might be awhile but they pop up often enough.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #10 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
Okay thanks newtothegame, what TMIC would you guys reccomend?
post #11 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 01:36 AM

Not a problem man, thats what we are here for. A TMIC depends on your pockets also. I personally like the TurboXS, APS, and Spearco ones. All are huge. Check out rallysportdirect.com, jcsspeed.com, gruppes.com and slowboyracing.com. Between those sites you will be able to price check and find dimensions for the ones I mentioned. But there are plenty of other brands out there. Those are just the ones I am interested in.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Heres a used Walbro.

FS: Walbro Fuel Pump 255lph - NASIOC

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
post #13 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

pearlwrx is an unknown
im with newtothegame, my friend put a 16g from ebay and it only lasted for 3,000 miles, those turbos are inconsistent

why dont you get a css intercooler, its better than a tmic, heats up to quick

Last edited by mosc; 08-07-2008 at 03:03 PM.
post #14 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

pearlwrx is an unknown
I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

Last edited by mosc; 08-07-2008 at 03:03 PM.
post #15 of 29 Old 08-07-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

th3sh1zn1t is an unknown
Pearlwrx, the reason for going with a TMIC would be price, If there was a decent FMIC for a decent price that would be an option I would be willing to look at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement