Proud '02 WRX Owner - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-15-2007, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LK Th3Myth is an unknown
Talking Proud '02 WRX Owner

Just got my First WRX, and I'm almost too excited for words. All I can say is WOW, that's MOM upside down for those who didn't know, lol. It seem the previous owner has done some things to it, so I'm kinda dumb founded as what to do first with it as far as mods go. I'm definitely gonna need all the help I can get with my new baby. There's a TurboXS Manual Boost controller under the hood, but it's not hooked up, nor do I know how to hook it up, A Perrin EBCS, but i'm not too sure how it's working, but it's hooked up, A Perrin turbo inlet tube, an UpPipe(not sure what brand), 3" piping from the Downpipe's cat(if I said that right, there's no mid pipe, it's just one pipe from the downpipe all the way to the Muffler), and the Muffler is a GReddy TRUST, a HKS Turbo Timer Type 1, Sittin on 17" Konigs Wrapped in Nitto Neo Gens. I think that's it, hehehe. The only real problem I have is with the suspension. When driving down the highway it feels like a gust of wind hits the car sideways, but it's not windy out... weird. Well I could really use some advice in what direction I should head in. Thanks Fellaz

Coming from Hondas and Acuras to Scoobies was the greatest investment I've ever made
Attached Images

Last edited by LK Th3Myth; 09-15-2007 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Add what mods where already on the Scooby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Nice car, looks familiar.. I can tell you definitly have an after market catback atleast on there.. Give us some engine bay shots so we can see what else maybe done to her.

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
post #3 of 15 Old 09-15-2007, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LK Th3Myth is an unknown
These where taken last week, ain't nothin changed
Attached Images

post #4 of 15 Old 09-16-2007, 02:59 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nice looking car, welcome to the club.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-16-2007, 11:50 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
nice car.. I would start with pulling out that MBC ! You said you already have a uppipe so I would do a bellmouth downpipe next then some engine management

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #6 of 15 Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Shane818
Congrats on the buy. Just curious as if you knew the person you were buying it from?? With turbo cars i am very uneasy when i found out it was modded. A manual boost controller without tuning is like gasoline to fire. Just gets out of control and before you know it.....Poof!

but again, congrats. welcome to the club.
post #7 of 15 Old 09-16-2007, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LK Th3Myth is an unknown
I think the person who had the Scooby before me might have used a Cobb AP on it, not to sure. I did find a Green Harness under the steering column, and when I hooked it up, I instantly got a CEL, so I unplugged it. I'm still trying to figure out whats going on with my suspension, the sway on the highway is killing me, could it be the endlinks or sway bars, or is it time for an alignment, and for the tires to be balanced and rotated???
post #8 of 15 Old 09-16-2007, 10:55 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
i had a similar "sway " on the highway, it turned out it was a combination of AWD, uneven pavment, and a bad alingnment.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #9 of 15 Old 09-17-2007, 04:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
full exhaust and no downpipe? hmmm hurry and get a bellmouth downpipe.
the additionals are grounding kit,intake and turbo inlet tube. get some springs and you will be a happy camper. whats the scene like where you are at?
post #10 of 15 Old 09-17-2007, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LK Th3Myth is an unknown
There's more than a couple tuning shops. And I've seen my fair share of Subies running around, I give them a graceful wave like all Scooby owners should, but for the most part, everyone is running around in Hondas/Acuras. I'm gonna try and get an alignment this weekend, and have my tires rotated and balanced and see if that helps. I am thinking about a FMIC, but then again some TEIN Coilovers would be nice too. What would you guys suggest???
post #11 of 15 Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Th3Myth View Post
There's more than a couple tuning shops. And I've seen my fair share of Subies running around, I give them a graceful wave like all Scooby owners should, but for the most part, everyone is running around in Hondas/Acuras. I'm gonna try and get an alignment this weekend, and have my tires rotated and balanced and see if that helps. I am thinking about a FMIC, but then again some TEIN Coilovers would be nice too. What would you guys suggest???
I'm new to the WRX scene as well but I definitely think you should get that DP and go to a shop and have them put it on an AWD dyno. AN FMIC isnt necessary quite yet as you are not running enough hp for one to be useful. Your best best bet is to get a GOOD tune specifically for your car. I'd also definitely go in route of getting some suspension work done to eliminate the bad body roll our cars have a history of. Sway bars and strut tower braces (front and rear) are a nice way to stiffen that body roll, and then adding in new coil overs always help as well. Good luck man.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #12 of 15 Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Get the DP and a tune or some engine management. Then work on some handling. The FMIC would be mostly looks for the car. You would have a more laggy turbo with it also.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-18-2007, 04:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

dremers is an unknown
from what i have read the lag on an fmic compared to a tmic is very minute. if you have money to burn i know someone selling a arc tmic.
post #14 of 15 Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LK Th3Myth is an unknown
I finally got a my boost gauge installed, and now I'm really wanting to hook up my MBC, but I'm not too sure how to hook it up. If someone could please give me a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it. As you can see from the pics, I think the MBC is pretty old, lol
post #15 of 15 Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK Th3Myth View Post
I finally got a my boost gauge installed, and now I'm really wanting to hook up my MBC, but I'm not too sure how to hook it up. If someone could please give me a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it. As you can see from the pics, I think the MBC is pretty old, lol
Not a good idea. If you read up on this site about MBCs you'll find that they usually do more harm than good. Get a tune on your car, best way to conrol boost on a WRX.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement