Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   New Member Intros (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Nother Noob (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/nother-noob-16675/)

Odin_EJ20 02-21-2007 12:04 AM

Nother Noob

Hey guys, new to Subarus. Come from a 3000GT, just got a Cobb stage II bugeye. Loving the car so far. Any advice for a new guy?:sneaky:

suddenthomas 02-21-2007 12:14 AM

Welcome!Thumbs Up

Vew 02-21-2007 12:32 PM

advice... advice... hmm. Don't use Armorall. That stuff sucks, and never use Windex on anything plastic... like your taillights or cluster. (learned the hard way)

WReXd 02-21-2007 02:42 PM

Look into 303 aerospace protectant instead. Great stuff. Also, be kind to the transmission or it won't be very kind to you (i.e. it'll break). And don't get a bov. That's all I can think of right now. Welcome!

Odin_EJ20 02-21-2007 08:47 PM

Funny you guys recommended against Armorall, and for 303. I use to work at Ferrari of Denver detailing. I'm all about 303, while a customer had to replace his entire interior in hit Bentley because he used Armoral. In the owners handbook it specifically says not to use Armoral. He ended up paying thousands out of his own pocket. :shhh:

Anyway... so far it's an awesome car... I'm pretty excited for the tracks to open. !Thumbs Up

so steezy 02-21-2007 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=WReXd;138137]Look into 303 aerospace protectant instead. Great stuff. Also, be kind to the transmission or it won't be very kind to you (i.e. it'll break). And don't get a bov. That's all I can think of right now. Welcome![/QUOTE]

why should he not get a BOV? im a noob too

suddenthomas 02-21-2007 10:02 PM

Do a search on that question and your questions will be answered! :beatentod

Odin_EJ20 02-21-2007 11:46 PM

Steezy, it's because the stock BPV works just fine. The only thing an aftermarket BOV will do is sound different... No performance gains.

WRXKidid775 02-22-2007 12:03 AM

and it will mess up your afrs but yea go read the bov sticky or search it.

good choice on the year bugeye mafia
how fast is your stg 2 compared to your vr4?

advice:
no cai
DoNt TyPe LiKe ThIs
stay away from nasioc.com unless you want to get flamed

represent the bugeye mafia!!!!

congrats on the new car man.

Odin_EJ20 02-22-2007 01:07 AM

Thanks kid. I am lovin the looks of the bugeye. Call me crazy.

As for the comparison... Speed, there isn't much of one. A stock VR-4 I'm sure would be no problem... But my VR-4 has a whole bunch of stuff... Intake, turboback exhaust, S-AFC, boost controller, and 13G's. I haven't dyno'd... Though I should. I hang with my friends that put down 300+AWHP though.

Somewhere down the line I'd like to go 16 or 18G on the rex. The VR-4 is definitely faster, but the WRX beats it in a lot of areas too. Namely, the steering! Man the WRX feels accurate. The WRX seems to out handle the VR-4 too. Doesn't weigh as much, and all the parts are a lot more new. I try to keep the VR-4 in good shape, but there's only so much you can do. The WRX just feels more safe, more stable. In the end, I'm very happy with my purchase, it's a very well rounded car.