Newbie To Subaru - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXParamedic is an unknown
Newbie To Subaru

I Just bought a 05 WRX wagon 3 mos ago and have done some simple mods to it. First I got a DIY short ram intake from Spectre Performance which added noticable power but gave a CEL for lean condition. Took that crap back and got a drop in K&N and removed the silencer, got a 40 series Delta Flow Flowmaster which was a little quieter than expected. I was wondering if there was a stock size MAF housing out there sold just by itself. I realize from research on stock WRXs that it won't give much power to me but the sound of turbo spooling up just sounds sexy to me. Also wondering if gutting the rear cat will throw a CEL... I know this kind of a rhetorical question being so the O2 sensor is before the cat. I'm a single father of 2 and just looking for inexpensive mods for a bit more power and maybe more MPG. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-14-2008, 10:24 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Then you actually want to save and get a bellmouth down pipe. Its the most restrictive part of the exhaust system on the WRX. I know that modding isnt cheap, but its best to do it rght the first time.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 09-21-2008, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

JLWOLD is an unknown
no way! your in tulsa, i swear there's only about 15 wrx's in this whole state. at least i'm not alone now.