New Wrx owner - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

subienewbe is an unknown
New Wrx owner

Hey wats up everyone, i just purchased my first wrx this week, its a WRblue 04 with around 55k, its completely stock-boy was that hard to find- and i plan on doing some mods just to make the car more exciting, i have about 2 grand to play with what should i start with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Yeah bone stock ones are hard to come by, so i see that ## from miami what part? i'm from pembroke pines, anyways with your question... here are some to do's and not to do's

Dont:
Put any sort of boost controller
No intakes
No BOV's
No aftermarket clutch

what you can do instead is start off by purchasing a v2 cobb accessport this will be your engine management, then order in a full TBE( it doesnt have to be full tbe, its the down pipe that counts but i presume you will want to hear the glorious noise our engines makes) get an up pipe its for safety so that way you don't suck up a cat into the turbo. when you get this stuff install it and then run a stage 2 map, you will be having MUCH more fun with your car. and if you have a little cash left over buy a GM 3 port Boost controller solenoid this is the more preferred way of upping your boost and have someone tweak your boost maps... hope this helps!

Last edited by wrxshotta; 09-10-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
I agree with the AccesPort and DownPipe and UpPipe mods...... DP = ~$260 (for Invidia) AP ~ $695 (i think, right?) UP ~ $130 (also Invidia) HKS ~ $180 (damn, price went up a lot)

It mainly depends on what you want to do with the car. You could use it all on go-fast goodies, or you could get sway bars and endlinks, and such. I like the mix of both worlds. You could get the AP and DP, and then mix it up with some sway bars, and you'd have an awesome all around vehicle. You might want to use a little on some new tires too, I hear the WRX's stock rubbers suck butt.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #4 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

subienewbe is an unknown
yeah sways and end links would be nice as well, but im looking to get a more exciting kick out of the car, and wrxshotta yea of course i need that sound lol, im actually like 10 mins from kendal, had to drive all the way up to west palm to pick up this subie, but so far worth it...anyways, i will definitely get this AP ive heard way too much good things about it
post #5 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
So you want more power than other stuff? Then you should definately get the downpipe, upipe, engine mangaement, and possibly later on a upgraded fuel system and upgrade turbo.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
post #6 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
hahaha POWER!!!!... nah i think i have an idea, okay so you have around 2000 to spend right? order the AP you should be left with 1300, about the exhaust, now this is what i did cause personally i dont see the point in paying 700 for a full exhaust when its just metal, if theres something else about it somebody correct me.. drive down to 441 and somewhere around 441 and hollywood blvd there is a shop called mufflers for less, bargain with them i got a full custom TBE for 245 didnt even take that long, now your left with about 1055, get an up pipe, and you should have enough to get some sways and endlinks from cobb, and there you go, you got your power and your handling upgrade for 2k.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

subienewbe is an unknown
i think i'm gonna do that, does it matter if i run the TBE exhaust with out the ap for a few days? haha and subeast boost is an addiction when im tired of this then ill see about upgrading to larger aspects..ok thanks alot!
post #8 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by subienewbe View Post
i think i'm gonna do that, does it matter if i run the TBE exhaust with out the ap for a few days? haha and subeast boost is an addiction when im tired of this then ill see about upgrading to larger aspects..ok thanks alot!
you can run it without a tune period. unless its catless. but it wont hurt the car you will just throw a CEL/MIL. You will just get more out of your mods with an Accessport
post #9 of 9 Old 09-10-2008, 07:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
I wouldn't want an exhaust shop to make a downpipe for me.... I don't know about other shops, but my brother's shop can make a 3" cat-back for around $100. And then you can get a DownPipe for $240 from Invidia. A exhaust shop isn't going to make you a bellmouth downpipe. If you don't care about it beigng bellmouth, then go for it.......

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi