new to subaru - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

satinwhite11rex is an unknown
new to subaru

Hi Im a dsm'er jumpin into the subaru game. Always been a fan of wrx's and sti's but the dsm's were always so cheap to make fast and plus i never had a 4 door car. But when i saw the wide body lines of the 2011 wrx i had to get one. Unfortuneatly they didn't have the color I wanted in stock so I had to order it. Oh well it'll be worth the wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Where did you order your car from? Im orginally from Mt. Savage, MD, went to school in Frostburgh (not sure if you are familiar with them). My Dad lives in Petersburgh so Im always going thru Keyser. But my Mom had ordered her Outback Sport from the Subaru Dealer there in Lavale, and it didnt take the entire time they told her.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yea man im familiar with all those places. I ordered it from the dealership in lavale. Im hoping it doesn't take the full 12 weeks they told me. Cant wait to be in a subby. Do you still live in the area?
#4 Old 01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I just made my dsm switch this month as well man, ive had like 10 between daily drivers and builds. Welcome
#5 Old 01-27-2011, 01:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks man. I deffinately had my share of dsm's. Fun car to drive and I still got my current one. Just time to jump in somethin a little nicer.
#6 Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by satinwhite11rex View Post
Yea man im familiar with all those places. I ordered it from the dealership in lavale. Im hoping it doesn't take the full 12 weeks they told me. Cant wait to be in a subby. Do you still live in the area?
The guy that owns the delaership owns several others and last I knew was in good with several other dealerships in MD so it shouldnt take the full 12 weeks. I havent lived in MD for the past 9 years, Im in the army. But I still call it home, my mom stills lives in Mt. Savage and I try to make it back there a few times a year. The soonest I might be back is in March. I can let you know when Im headed back, maybe meet up. There isnt too many WRX/STIs out there. I always feel odd when Im back there in mine or the wifes car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subbie is more helpful than not
Garage
Congrats on the new ride. I use to live up there in Dunbar, WV.

"Dustin"
- 08' WRX Premium - SOLD
- 08' Yamaha R1 - Top Speed seen is 204 - SOLD
#8 Old 01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
The guy that owns the delaership owns several others and last I knew was in good with several other dealerships in MD so it shouldnt take the full 12 weeks. I havent lived in MD for the past 9 years, Im in the army. But I still call it home, my mom stills lives in Mt. Savage and I try to make it back there a few times a year. The soonest I might be back is in March. I can let you know when Im headed back, maybe meet up. There isnt too many WRX/STIs out there. I always feel odd when Im back there in mine or the wifes car.

Thats good. Hopefully it will get here sooner. Yea man it'd be cool to meet up sometime. Dont really know anyone else with a wrx/sti around here either. Just let me know when ya come in.
#9 Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 AM

I will be glad to meet up with a fellow enthusiasts. There are several people I have had the great pleasure of meeting wtih, cruising with, and even working on cars with. And some I still owe a visit to, so you will be on that list, lol. When I find out more I will be sure to drop you a line man.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 01-29-2011, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sounds good man. Im sure im gonna need help workin on this thing. Just lookin under the hood of them is a whole different world than Im used to. Dsm's are so easy. Maybe thats because Im constantly having to work on em lol.