New to the site from Florida (no WRX yet) - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-13-2013, 07:41 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Will headlights from a 2011 WRX fit a 2012 WRX? Or was there some drastic changes to where they won't fit


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xxKnight48xx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 Old 09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKnight48xx View Post
Will headlights from a 2011 WRX fit a 2012 WRX? Or was there some drastic changes to where they won't fit


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes I just did the same swap. I liked that the 11s had black instead of the chrome and didn't want to mess up taking apart and painting the stock ones. That's the only difference. I bought mine on eBay. $300 for the pair of halogen headlights. Came with bulbs installed. It's a direct bolt in, plug and play just take the bumper off and swap. Super easy. Bottom picture, left 11 light and right 12 light. Top picture with the 11 lights.
Attached Images
   

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#33 Old 09-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Premium Member
 
the RIOT act's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,136
the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Sure...just keep rubbing it in Andy...real nice! Lol...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
turmic and BLAZE2099 like this.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
the RIOT act is offline  
#34 Old 09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Sure...just keep rubbing it in Andy...real nice! Lol...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Fol. They look sooooo much better! I hope I can come to the ny meet so you can see in person!
turmic and the RIOT act like this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#35 Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
Yes I just did the same swap. I liked that the 11s had black instead of the chrome and didn't want to mess up taking apart and painting the stock ones. That's the only difference. I bought mine on eBay. $300 for the pair of halogen headlights. Came with bulbs installed. It's a direct bolt in, plug and play just take the bumper off and swap. Super easy. Bottom picture, left 11 light and right 12 light. Top picture with the 11 lights.
Thanks dude! Do you happen to have a video of those hella horns as well?


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xxKnight48xx is offline  
#36 Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
A video as far as what?

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#37 Old 09-13-2013, 12:16 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
A video as far as what?
Of what they sound like. Sorry I should of specified.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xxKnight48xx is offline  
#38 Old 09-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Oh fol gotcha. I currently don't. But I found this:

That is how they sound. Way better than stock. I really like them. Dual purpose, cool looking and cooler sounding!

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#39 Old 09-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
I would recommend this bracket, JNA Hella Horn Mounting Bracket it's nicer than the rest and also get the wiring harness unless you enjoy wiring. The harness made my life easier.
turmic likes this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#40 Old 09-13-2013, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
I would recommend this bracket, JNA Hella Horn Mounting Bracket it's nicer than the rest and also get the wiring harness unless you enjoy wiring. The harness made my life easier.
There was supposed to be a link in your post?


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xxKnight48xx is offline  
#41 Old 09-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
No but I could put a link up.
http://www.jnaperformance.com

They have the bracket. You can buy the bracket separate by itself. Or you can do what I did, buy the horns, (whatever color you want) and ad the bracket to your order on the horn page. The bracket is a little cheaper when you order it with the horns. I bought the harness from

http://www.subimods.com/french/subim...rness-kit.html

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#42 Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 34
xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
No but I could put a link up.
http://www.jnaperformance.com

They have the bracket. You can buy the bracket separate by itself. Or you can do what I did, buy the horns, (whatever color you want) and ad the bracket to your order on the horn page. The bracket is a little cheaper when you order it with the horns. I bought the harness from

http://www.subimods.com/french/subim...rness-kit.html
Thanks! ! !


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
xxKnight48xx is offline  
#43 Old 09-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 676
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
You got it. Post up pictures when you're done.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
#44 Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
BLAZE2099's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,540
Images: 6
BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I buy UFO brand off eBay.
25 shipped with brackets. Bought a set for every Wrx I've owned and love them.
128 DB. I think they sound good but I may be wrong.
Anybody from the Pa meet wanna chime in?

Look the same too, 20 minute install

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
BLAZE2099 is offline  
#45 Old 09-13-2013, 05:01 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
06_hawk_eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 699
06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1379109628.166464.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  103.2 KB
There's my Hella horns I just used the existing hole from the other horn and it looks great. Oh an I ended up spray painting mine white to later find out they come painted in all sorts of colors already


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
arewmors likes this.
06_hawk_eye is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On