New Member Introduction - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-04-2012, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
New Member Introduction

Aloha,
This is my first posting as a new member to this site, since early July 2012.
I received my Satin White 2012 WRX Sedan on the 30th of June with 6 miles on the odometer.
It arrived in Honolulu on the 24th of June from the Gunma, Japan Subaru Factory.
The only option installed at time of purchase was the fog light kit.
Since receiving this car I've been able to add and do the following:
1) Window tinting (35% to the back roll-ups and back window, 50% to the front roll-ups, and 82% Air-Blue clear tint to the front windshield); Clear Paint Shield film to the 1st 1/4 of hood, front bumper, 1st 1/4 of side fenders, and side mirrors.
2) Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Black w/Gray Logo).
3) Perrin Radiator Shroud.
4) SPT Turbo Heat Shield (Bling only - not sure if it helps reducing the heat).
5) K&N Drop-In Air Filter.
6) LED Interior/Trunk/License plate lights.
7) Grillcraft - Hood Scoop, Upper and Lower black mesh grills.
8) Removed all stick on badges from the rear, and front WRX logo from the grill.
9) Installed custom Wet Okole seat covers.
10) Installed Weathertech digital cut floor mats (2011 WRX digital cut mats)..
11) Pending installation of a Tomioka AOS.
12) Pending installation of the new Thule Whispbar Roof Racks.
13) Pending installation of single pillar pod, and a boost gauge.
I have been a long time Toyota owner and before this purchase I traded in my 2000 4Runner for a 2011 Subie Outback 2.5i with CVT because of the gas cost in Hawaii and have been really impressed with the car (Averaging 33 mpg) that I decided to replace my 2000 Camry V6 for the WRX as I wanted a fun car to drive (Maybe mid-life crisis). If I drive the WRX with a light right foot, I've been averaging about 28 mpg with a 60% Highway and 40% City mix.
I decided to join this forum site over the others as I found you site members helpful, encouraging, and honest!
I hope to participate in some posts to gain help, provide encouragement/support, and to offer my 2 cents.
Thanks!

Last edited by KM-HI50; 09-02-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Welcome to the club, you made a good choice by picking wrxtuners over other sites. Your on the right track with your car that's for sure. Everything you have done to this point has been very tasteful. I'm kinda jelious actually, don't get me wrong I love my car it a friggen beast, but there is nothing like a brand new car. In the past I have bought a new car about every 2 years. I've had the wrx for almost 5 years now and I am getting that itch for a new car. I'll probably just continue envying you guys and your shiny new cars for a few more years tho because the only better thing then a new badass car is a paid off badass car, I haven't had to make a car payment for the last 2 years and that is awesome...... How nice is it to have two subies at the house? I'm trying to get my wife to trade her Buick in on an 05 forester because I would love to have two subies in my driveway as well. I keep telling her "how many other 25 year old women do you see driving around in an 03 century, it makes you look like an old lady". She says she doesn't care her G-ma gave her the car so we are keeping it. Then she says besides I can just drive your car and you can drive the old people car since it fits you better..... Lol I'm only 32, but to my wife I guess I'm old.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!
#3 Old 08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
Hey Black Beast2 thanks for the welcome message.
Thanks for the compliments and I really don't see me going too much further on the modifications.
Lots of time when you mod things too much it becomes harder to trouble shoot when things go array.
Anyway it is plenty fast and plenty power for me as is, and like I mentioned coming from a heavy V6 Camry to this is a dramatic change in the "FUN" category!
Your avatar sure looks too chilly for me!
Anyway thanks again!

Last edited by KM-HI50; 09-02-2012 at 01:10 PM.
#4 Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Welcome to the forum. I have to agree that we are more of a friendly helpful crowd, more than the other sites. Clubwrx is pretty decent as well.

Nice car, and again....Welcome!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 08-04-2012, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
It takes considerable self-discipline to maintain that type of gas mileage in a WRX. ^_^ Welcome!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#6 Old 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Yeah it gets a little chilly in the winter around here. That's what I love about the northwest tho we actually have 4 seasons, great for winter sports and summer sports. I would hate to live somewhere warm all the time " no snowboarding....... Want to here something crazy I'm snowboarding on mt hood right now in shorts and a tee shirt as the temp is currantly 95• on mountain, where else can that happen?.......... +1 on the mileage I'm lucky to see 10mpg's but thats on E as well it burns more.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!
#7 Old 08-05-2012, 01:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
It takes considerable self-discipline to maintain that type of gas mileage in a WRX. ^_^ Welcome!
sleepr, don't you know it! I really have to restrain myself, but its helpful with my wife in the car...she will remind me!

Last edited by KM-HI50; 09-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
#8 Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by black beast2 View Post
Yeah it gets a little chilly in the winter around here. That's what I love about the northwest tho we actually have 4 seasons, great for winter sports and summer sports. I would hate to live somewhere warm all the time " no snowboarding....... Want to here something crazy I'm snowboarding on mt hood right now in shorts and a tee shirt as the temp is currantly 95• on mountain, where else can that happen?.......... +1 on the mileage I'm lucky to see 10mpg's but thats on E as well it burns more.
Yes, experiencing 4 seasons is nice, we basically have two seasons. Summer and Winter (rainy), but surfing all year round! Thats the best part!

Last edited by KM-HI50; 09-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
#9 Old 08-05-2012, 06:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM-HI50 View Post
Yes, experiencing 4 seasons is nice, we basically have two seasons. Summer and Winter (rainy), but surfing all year round! Thats the best part!
Welcome aboard. This is a guy after my own heart. That is one of the things I miss about living in the middle of the states, no surfing. I do snowboard, but not as much as I use to. Would much rather surf my life away than anything.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 09-02-2012, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
Since my original post, I've updated it a little.
1) Got my seat covers in and put them on. (Almost ready to be my surf car pending whispbar racks).
2) Got my Weathertech digital cut floor mats (2011 WRX) mats and they fit perfectly in my 2012 WRX.
3) Just ordered me a pillar pod (Single) and a Boost gauge.

UPDATE: 9/19/2012
Just got done adding the following:
1) Single Pillar Pod for my boost gauge. (Pillar pod made by www.JCS-PODS.Com for a 2008+ WRX.
2) Prosport Premium Amber with white pointer boost gauge.
3) Alpine 4-Channel KTP-445U amplifier with a custom wire harness from www.ae64.com for a 2008+ WRX

Kurtis
2012 WRX Sedan "Satin White"
2011 Outback 2.5i CVT "Steel Metallic Silver" w/19mm RSB

Last edited by KM-HI50; 09-19-2012 at 08:33 PM.
#11 Old 09-03-2012, 11:53 AM
9mm
WRXtuners Member

9mm is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM-HI50 View Post
Since my original post, I've updated it a little.
1) Got my seat covers in and put them on. (Almost ready to be my surf car pending whispbar racks).
2) Got my Weathertech digital cut floor mats (2011 WRX) mats and they fit perfectly in my 2012 WRX.
3) Just ordered me a pillar pod (Single) and a Boost gauge.
nice! i just ordered the Weathertech floor liners for mine. they will be here just before winter starts to kick in.
#12 Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXhatch is an unknown
Hey KM, I found this thread by searching under "seat covers". I'm curious about the Wet Okole ones you mentioned. On their website they dont make a distinction between an Impreza with the typical removable headrest and a WRX which has the integrated head rest. How did it work out for you?
#13 Old 11-18-2013, 02:51 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Dude hasn't posted since July, I suggest a PM and not a forum callout.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#14 Old 11-22-2013, 11:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
mosc,
Just returned his PM and hoped I answered his questions.
Thanks!

Kurtis
2012 WRX Sedan "Satin White"
2011 Outback 2.5i CVT "Steel Metallic Silver" w/19mm RSB