• 1 Post By LW_Black4
  • 1 Post By turmic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-04-2013, 12:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
New Member - 02 bugeye

Title says it, new member and new to owning a WRX. It's been a blast since I've had it. Currently stationed at Ft. Drum, NY but travel home to NEPA(Wilkes-barre-Scranton).

2002 WRX Wagon with some minor mods:
2.5 hybrid motor(Block from 07 sti - Heads new)
Heads port polished looking all pretty inside
Gates racing belts (timing/accessories)
GrimmSpeed pulleys
GrimmSpeed turbo piping(Surgery has hindered me from installing)
short shift
Transmission has been touched - Numbers come back from a car in the UK. Not sure.
6 pack clutch sprung

I know i am missing some stuff. I'm here to read and learn from what other members have done/experienced. Seeing as there are not many people up this end of the world. Yes, I say world due to its arctic weather. I live vicariously through forums and stuff.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome. Got more pics?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
#3 Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Be careful with that clutch. It's way overboard for your setup. Pucked clutches are transmission breakers because of how harshly they grab. You want the clutch to be the weak point in your drivetrain because it's the only part intended to be disposable.
#4 Old 12-04-2013, 08:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome to the forum, your probably the nearest member to me.
And since I'm close to Wilkes, if you need a hand when your home. I'd be more than glad to come assist.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 12-04-2013, 08:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Welcome, and THAT's a Wagon! More photos of it please.
Jkas likes this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#6 Old 12-04-2013, 02:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Actually we have a member(currently over in the desert) that is stationed at Ft. Drum.
So what questions do you have about the car? Cause I have some as well..

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Be careful with that clutch. It's way overboard for your setup. Pucked clutches are transmission breakers because of how harshly they grab. You want the clutch to be the weak point in your drivetrain because it's the only part intended to be disposable.
That I have read about several times. When I purchased the car it was already in there and I really was not paying attention to details when we did everything else. Wife gives me a "budget" due to my spending habits/cars so I haven't replaced it yet. I would like to take it back to stock or similar.

Quote:
Actually we have a member(currently over in the desert) that is stationed at Ft. Drum.
So what questions do you have about the car? Cause I have some as well..
Their are a lot of Subaru's in this area. Most are part of another web forum, CNYsubys. Uncle sam is not letting me leave this area for a while. So im sure I will meet this other Ft. drum local when he/she returns from sun bathing.

As for questions. I dont even know where to begin. I found myself in the gas smell club in the last few weeks. Calling to dealership to replace the line.

Next thing to replace is going to be the turbo, but I'm not sure what turbo I want. Honestly, with this being my first turbo car. I'm not very knowledgeable about them. I do not want crazy boost nor do I want to change my set up to front mount. I'm holding at 15 psi now. I would like 18ish but more efficiency.

I can keep going and going on what I would/want to do. Im going to venture into the "search" button and see what other folks have done.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
#8 Old 12-04-2013, 04:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
Wow! You have quite the wagon! I'm in Maine so I get the weather, having a wrx in the snow is fantastic.

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
#9 Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Just some other pictures I have on the computer. Waiting for the knee to heal so I can get a few snow shots and get some more work done.
Attached Images

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
#10 Old 12-04-2013, 06:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
The member that Keith is talking about comes home in January. He doesn't get on here much anymore....but, he is stationed in Ft Drum. A few of us are in contact with him in other ways.
BLAZE2099 likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae