Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   New Member Intros (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   New Member - 02 bugeye (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f120/new-member-02-bugeye-42042/)

Jkas 12-04-2013 01:32 AM

New Member - 02 bugeye

Title says it, new member and new to owning a WRX. It's been a blast since I've had it. Currently stationed at Ft. Drum, NY but travel home to NEPA(Wilkes-barre-Scranton).

2002 WRX Wagon with some minor mods:
2.5 hybrid motor(Block from 07 sti - Heads new)
Heads port polished looking all pretty inside
Gates racing belts (timing/accessories)
GrimmSpeed pulleys
GrimmSpeed turbo piping(Surgery has hindered me from installing)
short shift
Transmission has been touched - Numbers come back from a car in the UK. Not sure.
6 pack clutch sprung

I know i am missing some stuff. I'm here to read and learn from what other members have done/experienced. Seeing as there are not many people up this end of the world. Yes, I say world due to its arctic weather. I live vicariously through forums and stuff.

pzr2874 12-04-2013 06:44 AM

Welcome. Got more pics?

brfatal 12-04-2013 08:36 AM

Be careful with that clutch. It's way overboard for your setup. Pucked clutches are transmission breakers because of how harshly they grab. You want the clutch to be the weak point in your drivetrain because it's the only part intended to be disposable.

BLAZE2099 12-04-2013 09:24 AM

Welcome to the forum, your probably the nearest member to me.
And since I'm close to Wilkes, if you need a hand when your home. I'd be more than glad to come assist.

LW_Black4 12-04-2013 09:38 AM

Welcome, and THAT's a Wagon! More photos of it please. :)

psinuse 12-04-2013 03:31 PM

Actually we have a member(currently over in the desert) that is stationed at Ft. Drum.
So what questions do you have about the car? Cause I have some as well..

Jkas 12-04-2013 05:38 PM

[quote=brfatal;407882]Be careful with that clutch. It's way overboard for your setup. Pucked clutches are transmission breakers because of how harshly they grab. You want the clutch to be the weak point in your drivetrain because it's the only part intended to be disposable.[/quote]

That I have read about several times. When I purchased the car it was already in there and I really was not paying attention to details when we did everything else. Wife gives me a "budget" due to my spending habits/cars so I haven't replaced it yet. I would like to take it back to stock or similar.

[quote]Actually we have a member(currently over in the desert) that is stationed at Ft. Drum.
So what questions do you have about the car? Cause I have some as well..[/quote]

Their are a lot of Subaru's in this area. Most are part of another web forum, CNYsubys. Uncle sam is not letting me leave this area for a while. So im sure I will meet this other Ft. drum local when he/she returns from sun bathing.

As for questions. I dont even know where to begin. I found myself in the gas smell club in the last few weeks. Calling to dealership to replace the line.

Next thing to replace is going to be the turbo, but I'm not sure what turbo I want. Honestly, with this being my first turbo car. I'm not very knowledgeable about them. I do not want crazy boost nor do I want to change my set up to front mount. I'm holding at 15 psi now. I would like 18ish but more efficiency.

I can keep going and going on what I would/want to do. Im going to venture into the "search" button and see what other folks have done.

Haw1es 12-04-2013 05:39 PM

Wow! You have quite the wagon! I'm in Maine so I get the weather, having a wrx in the snow is fantastic.

Jkas 12-04-2013 05:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just some other pictures I have on the computer. Waiting for the knee to heal so I can get a few snow shots and get some more work done.

turmic 12-04-2013 07:14 PM

The member that Keith is talking about comes home in January. He doesn't get on here much anymore....but, he is stationed in Ft Drum. A few of us are in contact with him in other ways.