New from Mass - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostandlow is an unknown
Garage
New from Mass

Just (few weeks ago) picked up a 2006 WRX limited. I must say I am really excited. I picked it up for next to nothing. 109k miles and running fine minus the P2440 code which ill do the delete.

The car had some cosmetic issues that need to be dealt with, the Rally blue is faded and there is some body rash from bushes over the years.

So my first step is taking it to a place to have it wrapped in some sort of vinyl.... I was guessing a matte blue.

The suspension feels pretty soft compared to my M3, and I am very much liking the idea of using the new sport bags. Its a full air ride suspension that is supposed to be competitive to the KW Variant2. So that will be step two.

Step three will be wheels and exhaust. Any recommendations for a throaty sounding exhaust rather then your type fart can sounding turboback exhaust?

Well I'll be around hope to hear from you all and semi contribute as the months progress and so does the new ride.

Last edited by boostandlow; 12-07-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Cobb Turboback sounds nice.

I'd look into doing the scheduled 90K Maint. The timing belt/water pump/thermostat/pullies isn't a cheap job if you pay someone.

Welcome

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Thanks, the timing belt and water pump were replaced at 87k. It does need tranny flush. Figured I'll do the diffs at the same time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#4 Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Sounds like you have a pretty cool car in the making. A good set or two (winter/summer) of tires should be at the top of your list unless you plan to go the wide wheel with stretched tires route.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#5 Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Welcome!!!

Love the idea of matte blue vinyl and your suspension intentions. Looking forward to hearing about your progress and final product!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#6 Old 12-06-2012, 02:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
should be pretty fun. I ordered the Air Lift Performance kit today and should be in within the next 2 to 3 weeks. I am very much looking forward to get it in there asap.

I also ordered a set of 18'' ADV1 05 deep concaves in a matte black.... as this point im pretty tapped out.... the exhaust will have to be done at another time.
#7 Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Start a "build thread".... with pics and all your goodies.... These guys get off to stuff like that. Hopefully Mosc won't close it when you sell your car

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#8 Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
A lot has changed in literally an overnight time frame. The car will be entered in the 2013 Bullrun' so extreme measures have been taken to make this a wild ride.

check out the build thread which will be updated on a regular basis.